My current situation....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by erickster, Apr 4, 2008.

1. erickster

erickster Member

Got my new bike kit, hooked it all up. Tried it out last night. It turns on, and sputters and spits up smoke for a little bit, but I noticed no control over the engine with my throttle. When I ride it, I have to hit the kill switch because I'm afraid it might be revving too high, but I'm not an expert and I've never seen/heard one of these bikes or engines in person before. Also, I don't know a lot about engines in general, so that makes it tough too.

This morning I tried just starting it in my backyard and pulling the clutch, parking it, and seeing if I can just get the motor running smoothly for a longer period of time. I played with it a little, but after about 30 seconds, the motor just turns off. I don't notice any leaks, or anything like that. I also don't seem to have any control with my throttle. My throttle, twists, and pops back like it's supposed to, but when running, I don't noticed a change when I "rev" it. I've tried adjusting my "hat", but that doesn't seem to make any changes.

Any ideas? I wish I knew someone else who drove these things!! This whole thing is a learning experience for me.