my faith in dax, by tater

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, Jun 21, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, since everyone on the site that has bought his rack mount engine, seems to love it (not everyone but most) i figured instead of getting a moped for my b-day, id get his kit since it seems to be sooooooo reliable. this is big for me, cause i am cashing in a promise that my ma made years agao. so next week possibily up til my b-day on the 7th ill be buying this kit. everyone please tell me about how long this will take to mount, and how easy, and also what i really wanna know, is top speed with a 26 inch wheel, and the pickup. (from a dead start)

i just got a full suspension bike for free, and a rack mount hit me in the face as an idea for it. thanks guys!!! if there is somthing you want kept private e-mail me at wayfastwhitey69@gmail.com :grin:

2. tater,it's a great kit. What you'll notice right away is how eerily smooth and quiet your ride will be. It's a whole world different than a happy time. A whole different world.
    It shouldn't take too long to install. Just get your drive chain aligned right and keep that rear sprocket centered and you'll be cruising. It also seems to me more accepted when I take it to the trails for a rack mount doesn't look like a wanna be motorcycle but instead looks like a engine assist bicycle.
    Take some pics when it happens!
    Oh and top speed with a 44t I've gotten it to 30 ONCE (no. twice) but it likes to cruise 15 to 20.

3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

heres some pics, i have it 1.2 way apart for paint, now just the other half to go lol.

Attached Files:

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

looks like you have a very cool new project!

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Tater, good luck with your project. It looks like it will be a really cool ride when you're finished. Even though I've got two "Happy-Time" (actually GruBee Starfire) engined bikes and a Whizzer, I'm also contemplating a 4-stroke rack mount kit sometime. I'll be anxious to see how yours turns out. I've heard Large say nothing but good things about his engine on Cronus.

6. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

hey alll, i got the bike painted upp. it doesnt really look that good cause the stickers wouldnt come off for ****, and i used acitone, all the goop gone all that stuff nothing worked. guess mongoose wants everyone to know its they're bike lol but anyway, all the chrome parts are now black, (supposed to be shiny but i didnt know i was using medium grade sand paper till it was all done so it looks dull and bumpy) and all the blue parts are gun metal silver. i love the silver color, and might go over the black with it.

pics soon...

7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

The mongoose rear triangle is an excellent mounting platform. It's the same as my XR-75. The 4 rear rack mounting points work perfectly for attaching a rack mounted engine. I dont know how it could be done without the stock dax tensioner brackets if they are used to raise that jackshaft above the wheel.

8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks alot for the input, jake! matter of fact, my friend got an xr75 for his b-day 1 week agao, and he was talking to me about rack mount engines. then i show him yr vid, and he is like everyone has done everything i want to do!!! lol (he thought he was being unique) lol i just started laughing at his reaction to it!

9. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

ok people, here are pics, i since have put the front fork and bars on, but thats about it. i got to do the cables, wheels and shifters tommrow. oh, and brakes of course lol i also did a few pics of the sanding grooves that are visible through the paint :(

Attached Files:

10. That looks like a mean ride already!

11. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks large!!

12. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

That is 1 crazy looking frame, once you get it all together with a motor on it..........itll look cooool but very very different. Maybe futuristic is the word Im looking for. lol

13. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

lol, the paint (the black anyway) looks crappy, but anything is better than the state it was in. it looked like a bored 5 year old tried to "fix" it. the brakes wre soo tight, they always rubbed the rims, the seat has a million holes, the back tire was soo full it wa ready to pop and the front tire is popped, the back shock was only finger tight, so many things to list i dont got time!! aside from the fact it looked like it was left outside all its life. 150 dollar bike, in that state. ugh!!

14. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Hey Cool Tater! I think you've meade a great choice. You already know the "I built it myself" feeling so hopefully you'll get that over having a moped.
    I don't post much any more since my Titan is so tight and such a smooth ride. It's scary how quick and easy it is to install. REMEMBER!! Get a rear axle kickstand before the motor arrives.
    If you need any help, just ask.

15. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for the advice, scott. the bike came with one, as yu can sorta see in the pics.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  16. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Oh yeah, Tater. Someone once mentioned. A hair drier works well for removing decals.

A day late and a dollar short.

17. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

looks good in black. it'll look better with the Daxtitan. no more happytime troubles. you'll love the 4stroke dax.

18. The red plastic cover comes off easily with the three pull start nuts. Paint that black with krylon for plastic and look out.
    You can name your bike "The Bat Bike."