My farewell thread :(

L

Large Filipino

In light of what is going on in this forum I care only about friends and being a part of a family of motoredbikers.
We have decided in the past to keep politics out of discussion.
Because look at what politics is doing for us.
I cannot help but to think this whole EPA talk is not about cleaning the air.
Oh no. These engines are too small to make a dent.
No.
This whole EPA talk is because a dedicated member here was hurt by another dedicated member and has since tried to look for ways to destroy the other member by spreading a "virus" if you will.
This "virus" has spread around and is splitting up people.
As a moderator,I cannot back up the choices that are made.
So that is why I am resigning.
This really pains me,man,because I made a lot of friends.
And I don't dislike anyone here.
But this motor-sport is in it's infancy and if engines come in here in a shady fashion why should we care?
Look at all the hurdles people had to go thru to try to get products in.
Henry Ford did it. Harley Davidson did it.
Tucker Failed. DeLorean failed.
We have hurdles too. But I believe soon engines will get compliant. It's just a matter of time.
But now we are gonna tell the EPA about someone for any reason because we dislike him?
Yes. This is my opinion. And you will have opinions too.
One opinion is that Large has sold out.
You know what? You are entitled to your own opinion.
I haven't sold out. But I cannot stay in a forum that is this hateful.
I had asked in the mod forum for this EPA talk to simply DIE because we will lose members.
But it didn't happen.
Y'all know where to find me.
Yes. I'm gonna register in the whining forum.
Because I'm whining.
Thank you Tom and everybody for a WONDERFUL experience.
And PLEASE don't delete any earlier posts I've made here. Someone out there would really benefit from that.
So you can read this anyway you like.
But I have integrity too.
I love you guys.

-John-

This whole thing sickens me too. This place is supposed to be about community, and now it seems to be one of politics and elitism. I've read a lot of your posts, and you have my utmost respect. YGPM, keep in touch.

John -- I have seen things such as this happen before on other sites -- no, not MB sites -- but, at times they seem to play out the same.. Might be best to just take a little time out.. Time away from this site - maybe ? After these other sites were ALL TORN up with many ones leaving -- later -- many wished they had never left !! The site was never the same... I have also been guilty in regards to talking about soom politics here -- I didn't know that we were not suppose to.. Should be a thread for just politics... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

This forum has become a few peoples political agenda and I too am sorry I shared my posting time here. I do hope some of my words helped others. It looks like the throw em in jail thread has been locked up, at least I am locked out. I hate to add credibility to an invalid forum. There are lots of great people here and much good motored Bike advice. Just don't get it confused with the wrong headed political advice and opinions and you will be ok. I cannot personally ignore untruths and unfairness in politics any more than I can ignore bad bicycle advice. So I will spend a lot less time here but hope to visit some. I'm with ya Large, and you were one of the first to make me feel welcome here. Thanks.

"MotoredBikes.com was created with the vision of creating a community of motorized bicycle enthusiasts, and providing a means to communicate and convey ideas, thoughts and opinions to one another to help spread the word on this alternative mode of transportation."

is the posted Mission statement AND

"Rules are no fun, but with as many members as MBc has, we need to establish some member guidelines to avoid complete chaos.

1. Listen to the moderators. They are the rule enforcers and their judgment is final. Try to be respectful to them as they have a difficult position.
2. Be respectful to others. Do not use insults – play nice with other members.
3. Maintain a “family friendly” environment. No curse words or adult language.

4. Search before posting a question. If you have a question, chances are that it was already asked and answered. Use the search feature to avoid repeating the same question.
5. Post in the correct forum. Help keep our community organized by posting in the appropriate category. For example, if you have a specific technical question, post in the Garage instead of the General Discussion.
6. Introduce yourself first. Your first post should be a new thread in the “Introduce Yourself” forum.

7. No spamming! If you are a vendor, you must follow the Vendor Rules. If you are advertising something, make sure to do it appropriately. Over-posting or posting in the wrong categories can get you in trouble.

Simply abide by these guidelines and your experience at MBc will be favorable."

are the posted forum rules.

Everybody needs to follow them but at the bottom of the rules are recommendations to report law breakers to non elected government officials with too much power and a need to justify their existence. This advice will destroy the stated Mission Statement of helping the motored Bike community benefit and grow.

Yeah don't ditch on the forums just because of what a few people say on them. Thats their problem. It happens on just about every forum I've frequented through my years on the web and I found its best to just let those certain people talk about whatever they want and ignore them. Go about your business and let them argue because some people just seem to love an argument. Especially one they can sit back and think about their response for hours if needed doing appropriate research on the web and opening up thesaurus dotcom to insert big words to compensate for their small brains. These same people probably always lose in face to face arguments so it just gives them satisfaction to ruffle another's feathers on the internet. Just ignore them. This type eventually just leaves once they don't get their jerk fix anymore. If anything large just laugh at them like you do to the stupid people you can't get out of your non-internet life. You're a good funny dude and I'd hate to see you leave over something so little.

don't go

I've been on a variety of forums as well and this stuff happens on a lot of them. I want to say ignore it, but it's hard to do so. I know I'm new, but I've got to say that I've enjoyed a lot of the posts here by you Large and a lot of the others who have been around and started this thing.

I'd like to request that you stay. I mean, you're pretty awesome and I like your posts and I think your a good value for the community as a whole.

so, uh, please stay?:cry:

Eventually this political thing will blow over and I hope everyone is still around when it does.

Back