My First Attemp

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Karryhunt, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Karryhunt

Karryhunt Member

Well, I'll be 71 soon and always wanted to ride something with a motor. Check her out.....she's stealthy and the fastest in the neighborhood. :helmet:

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Kerry, welcome to Motoredbikes! Very neat and clean. I would like to see some front brakes on it though.
  3. Karryhunt

Karryhunt Member

I was thinking about removing the front fender and using my foot.....JK. I agree with you but how would you set it up.....being new to this....I have my left hand on the clutch ready to neurtal, the right hand is on the throttle ready to slow down. I need a third arm. The foot is looking better all the time.
  4. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Uuuuh...71,eh, Karry? All I can say is that if you built that Black Beauty, you did a magnificent job, right down to the paint job! It is gorgeous, and certainly must be the envy of a lot of people. Very, very nice!
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Get a dual pull brake lever, run a cable to both front and rear. Pretty straight forward.

Welcome aboard. I gotta say, that is one of the cleanest and most straight forwardly minimalist installs I've seen. It only needs one more touch (besides a front brake) in my opinion - that engine, rear sprocket, chain tensioner, and exhaust needs to be a flat black as well.

Nice work, KH.
  6. rolltide13

rolltide13 New Member

Great looking build, what kind of bike is that and what engine kit did you purchase?
  7. Karryhunt

Karryhunt Member

Its a Trek Cruiser Classic with the 48 cc Cheap kit ($100) that I purchased locally from a guy named Donny. I like it.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  8. seth.brazell

seth.brazell New Member

wow that looks great, good job!