My first build, looking to get ideas for my project.

i have a set of those wheels for my whizzer- good solid wheels, but the coaster that comes with them is dangerious at speed.

both of those bikes look like good normal riding bikes- id try to find the classic crusier frame. they make the best platforms..IMO

So you think we ought to get rid of them and start over? I mean, I know they don't make the best riders, but buying a new cruiser really isn't in the cards for us. We got them for 25 bucks and went all over Cincinnati to get them, can't find a used cruiser frame to save our lives.

Last edited:
Well, regardless. We bought 2 kits online last night. Next chance I get I'm going to measure the forks of the bike to see if I can fit 1.75 inch wheels/tires.

Updates and progress.

7 Hours of work and all we got done was the sprocket and engine/tank mount.

The engine bolted right on to the thinner frame without a hitch, didn't have to fenangle some sort of convoluted mounting system. You can see where the rubber is sticking out of the mount, it'll be trimmed with an x-acto knife when we get the rest done. The sprocket took awhile to get true, and filing the sprocket to fit over the hub was a royal pain in the arse.

Here she is.

Attachments

• day1engine.jpg
    day1engine.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 197
  • day1.jpg
    day1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 203
Looking like a clean start. You might want to rotate the peddles to be sure they clear the engine.
7 hours? Really now,,, and just how many beers is that?:D:LOL::D

Papa

Looking like a clean start. You might want to rotate the peddles to be sure they clear the engine.
7 hours? Really now,,, and just how many beers is that?:D:LOL::D

Papa

I couldn't say how many beers that is....I'm underage (Probably 4 or 5...shhh). The pedals do infact clear the engine (it's pretty close though).

I need to get new tires, though, I found some dryrot on those ones.

I appreciate it everybody. It's a real learning experience. After I finish the bike itself I'm trying to determine whether or not it's worth all the proposed upgrades (new wheels possibly, basket, book rack) or just say eff it and build another...because it's a fun hobby.

Back