My first build nearly complete

I just wanted to show my "rat" as it nears completion. I've run 2 gallons through it and it rides like I want it. although the seat needs to be changed out, my back aches with the full rigid setup, that will come as $$$ permits. I only need a few bolt ons and a new rear wheel complete with disc brake and it's on to bike #2

Attachments

• DSC02047.JPG
    DSC02047.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC02048.JPG
    DSC02048.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 478
very nice looking build,but it does look extremly uncomfortable to ride more than a mile . But you sure will look cool in that mile ride :)

very nice looking build,but it does look extremly uncomfortable to ride more than a mile . But you sure will look cool in that mile ride :)

it isn't the most comfy so I had to change the seat which helped a great deal. I rode to work today 8 miles one way. the new seat helps soaks up the bumps, no hills, all flat. what really kills me is my hands go numb from all the vibration.
I can get almost 20 miles with that tank

I wanted the feel of the 1970's cafe racers

Guys here have filled the handlebars with different (usually heavy) media to dampen the vibes. Bike looks great. But my body wouldn't take that position for long either.

sometimes form over function is the way to go.
it's better to look cool than be comfortable.
That is one cool looking bike, and i think the cool factor makes up for the uncomfortable riding position. I'd ride the heck out of that bike!

I like that bike...I like that set up.. not uncomfortable position for me.........why not use the tank that came with the kit

Back