My First Build

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Randall, May 23, 2016.

1. Randall

Randall Member

26 Inch Firmstrong Urban. I have a Sunlite Bullet front light on the way. Will be getting the performance carb and exhaust on payday. It is a work in progress as I am not quite done with it. For anyone questioning the legal side of operating these, I know there are laws in place but please keep in mind: Any loss harm or injury? No? No claim. Cop or otherwise.
    www.marcstevens.net Check out the success stories link at top of page.

Cheers!

Randall

Attached Files:

Tom from Rubicon likes this.

2. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

Clean looking bike, like the vintage looking speedo. Is it accurate?

3. Randall

Randall Member

Thanks. The speedo bounces around a lot so no accuracy there. Not sure why it does that.

EDIT: I know why it bounces. Vibration of 2 stroker.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

I like the Firmstrong bikes. I really like the chrome urban man. The black rock would make an interesting MB.

Your bike looks great! Can't go wrong with black.

5. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

One reviewer said the Firmstrong makes a "bad-ass" motorized bicycle. Is there any such thing?

6. Randall

Randall Member

Thanks!

7. Clean build, but I never had any love for 2suckers, and I say that when my preferred MB supplier likes 2suckers.

8. Randall

Randall Member

9. Randall

Randall Member

10. Randall,
    Last week I purchased a 79cc Predator for $99 + tax. If it dies I just buy another one and am still money ahead versus Chinese Whizzer engine. I am using a analog speedo in my Huffy Davidson 49cc 4 stroke and it functions flawlessly.
    The only thing I did do was extend the tab with a bit of plastic tube to engage the spokes better.
    Tom from Rubicon

11. Randall

Randall Member

Good for you. No prejudice about the predator engines, they're great. The thing I like about the whizzer engine, it's narrow.

Well my analog speedometer is completely engaged in the spokes and I noticed when I am stationary and rev the engine the needle bounces so that is the reason for my inaccuracy. Ordered the anti-vibration mounts. Maybe it will cure it.

Cheers!

Randall

Tom from Rubicon likes this.