My First Build

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by jake, May 19, 2007.

1. jake

jake Guest

Ok, I'm about 90% done with this one. All i have left is little things. Here is what i have so far.
    here is the rear wheel. it is set up to not use the rubber sprocket mounts.

i will upload more pics as the project comes along.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

How did you do that with the sprocket? You may wish you had (use the rubbers) once you ride it, but let us know how it works. I'm guessing you got the sprocket dead center that way?

Nice, different combo of parts!
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

yes, more details on sprocket mount !!!
    was the time and money less than the adapter from livefast (50$)???
    input, we need input :lol:

same needed for engine mount !!!
  4. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

I think the picture of the bike is too dark, I can see some things on it, but a picture of it outside in the sun might be good.
  5. That is the Grubee Whopper Stopper Chopper bike. It comes as a kit. The rear wheel is a great setup with the HD spokes, bolted on sprocket and the band brake mounted outside the sprocket.
    I sure hope you have better luck with the frame then I did. Mine cracked at the weld on the front motor mount and then on the main tube across the bottom.
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

I want one of those hubs !!!
    8) 8) 8) 8)
  7. jake

jake Guest

yeah, the rear wheel came with the bike. i got it from a bike shop in florida called five flags. the website called the wizard chopper, but i have also seen it called the whopper chopper on a different site. i don't know if they sell just the wheel or not.
  8. jake

jake Guest

its done, for now

ok, here is the "finished" product. i couldn't have done it without the help of this forum.

24"front tire with disk brake, 26"rear tire with band brakes both with 12g spokes. dual pull brake lever. "80"cc ebay motor.
  9. azbill

azbill Active Member

lookin' good Jake !!!
    8) 8) 8)
  10. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

love that exhaust.
  11. Torques

Torques Guest

Re: its done, for now

Wow, cool, you guys are amazing..
  12. Awesome ride man!
  13. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Looks real good. Like the engine mount tubes, first I've seen like that *tucks idea away*.

You may end up installing a chain tensioner.
    The lack of a cushion in the chain drive will shorten chain life and a worn chain will hook sprockets.

Harley Davidson Sportsters lacked a cushion in their drive when they used chains and suffered as a result. Several after market/third party solutions came out but none were very satisfactory.
  14. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

Wizard Chopper with 4 stroke?

I am contemplating building a bike with this frame, a Skyhawk stage 2 mounting/gear kit, and a Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine. Only Problem is I am not sure if it will fit or not. Anyone know if that would be plausible or have specs on this bike that would have measurements for the inside area of the frame? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
  15. Nice to see your on this site to men.
    I have order a kit off of u on ebay=)
  16. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest