my first gebe build

congrats on your build. i had a subaru 33 that i rode for two years with no sweat. i just got a land rider bike, they are very sturdy and have an automatic trans, so no matter what speed if you want to peeddle you dont think about gearing you just get after it. im trying the honda 35 this time. i think the gebe kit is miles ahead of all others for quality, service. speed, reliability, and mpg. ride on stude13

wow,

good tires are expensive, will probably wait another month or so before i make my choice, i will be mostly riding or city roads and the occasional dirt road but mostly tar.

Had the bike doing 35 on a nice straight the other day but slowed down in a hurry as the front fork on this bike is pretty iffy.. as i am sure $200 bikes and quality suspension forks are a no no.

I would like to keep some sort of suspension on their so i was wondering if anybody knows how strong those springer forks are. I can pick one up on amazon for around $45

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Fork-...=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1208569262&sr=1-13

i have seen other builds using them but since i want to use this bike for commuting will it hold up to 20 miles a day round trip for about 6 months of the year are would i be better of investing on something a little more hi-tech aka a good quality suspension fork.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Am becoming interested in belt drive.Where to find belts and wheel ring? Like your bike Vegaspaddy,looking along same line

hi jr,

thats an easy one to answer look on the left hand side of the screen for golden eagle bike engines gebe for short the web site is actually,

www.bikeengines.com

you can buy the complete kit, many engine choices, or if you have your own engine they can sell you the parts that you need. Excellent customer service and if you end up going for the belt drive they dont come any better than this.

I have used the Continental tires almost exclusively for 15 years on my wife's and my bikes. They are worth the extra you pay for European quality, I think by far the best tires available.

this has been a great read...interesting build so far, 'paddy.

i can attest to the tanaka's voracity for rpm's, religeously measure your 50:1 (i use lucas) and just go get about 1000 miles on it...trust me, the love affair hasn't even started yet.

question for you augi,

my first batch of two stroke oil is coming to an end, i have some of the castrol a747 will it be ok to use this castor oil mix or should i wait till i have racked up a couple of hundred more miles, i have around 2 hundred miles at the moment.

shoot...you'll need at least a thousand miles with a tanaka...a very good equivalent to the tanaka oil is "lucas" brand 2-stroke racing oil, but you can use any good semi-synthetic oil...stay at 50:1 for the duration of break-in.

Last edited:
If you don't go with the forementioned kevlar enforced tires, at least run "Mr Tuffy" tire liners, and I'd recommend an extremely thick/heavy puncture resistant tube. 900 worry free miles for me so far after installing them. I couldn't get 150 miles without a flat before....or didn't seem to be able to. As far as solid tires go...seems to me they'd be a little rough riding. That's just a guess though...lol.

I Googled Mr Tuffy just to see what'd come up.

Then I clicked the Amazon link, and this came up:

Amazon product description said:
Laugh at thorns, glass, and other road hazards

Heh... that's what I do, alright!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back