My first kit build!

Well, it isn't mine, but I put it together.

My neighbor saw my riding around on my motor bike so just recently he bought the motor kit. He started to put it together but...yeah...didn't get very far. He asked me to finish it for him so why not.

Its a 66cc/80cc Skyhawk kit. Went in pretty good, no real issues except the clutch was stuck. Had to take it apart and break it loose. Besides that its a basic build. For added safely I welded a plate and threw on some extra brakes. Now it should stop nicely without overheating :helmet:

CIMG0041.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

CIMG0043-1.jpg

And this is MY bike that I've been messing with. Its made for tractor/vintage machine shows.

CIMG0033704x528.jpg

Take care everyone
Mark-

I like both of em... for some reason old rusted bikes just look cool with motors on em. Maybe it gives them a vintage look???

Some Upgrades and just about finished

I've been working on it more and more, trying to get all the bugs worked out and finished. The owner is very excited about it. Its ride-able as of now and running great. Rear light is run off of a generator and the front light is off of the engine. I added 2 switches, one for the headlight and the other is to cut power to the CDI. Stops the engine and puts no strain on the magneto.

CIMG0015.jpg

CIMG0016.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

Last edited:
That red color one looks awesome! Just noticed you didn't have any peddles!!! Hey..... my Skyhawk kit didn't come with the Skyhawk sticker... what's up with that?

Back