My first MB build

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Yeahuawarrior, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Hey y'all, just finished this little rocket. It's been a pain in my ass but I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. It's been working good and I'm thinking of making the next gen. with a jackshift and a custom welded frame and custom seat suspension. Let me know what you think, lame? Rad? It's for sale.

Attached Files:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Cool. Can you provide a closeup of how you mounted the suspended banana seat? I like that sprung nanner.

3. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Sure thing, it's two corrugated steel flat bars bent and secured in two places. The spring is more for support.

Attached Files:

4. Bzura

Bzura Member

Great job on the Fito! I've built a few of them myself, and I turned the big top tubes into the fuel tanks on them. Other than that I didn't make as many mods as you (except offsetting the engine for those fat tires.)

One thing though - does the cylinder & head get enough airflow to keep it cool with that cowling in front of it?

5. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Hey thanks man, there is an inlet in the cowling in the front that works fine and the Head stays cooler than a OEM so it works fine. On the next fito I build I am going to cut a series of inlets in the cowling.

Attached Files:

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

The sprung nanner seat still looks great, whether the shock is functional or not.

7. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

This bike is really awesome, and exactly what I want to build! LOL! What frame have you used here, and tires?

8. Rockspider99

Rockspider99 Member

That is insainely good looking, I really like your build, very neat for a First Time.

9. Phill

Phill New Member

Well Played Sir, Well Played Indeed

Hands down the best looking build i've seen

Bravo

10. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Hey thanks a lot man! The frame is a Fito Modena Gt, they are on ebay in white, black, and chrome colored for $269. It's a great bike to build and pretty lightweight. The problem I had with it is that the tire is 3" so the chain will rub and you will have to bend the fender. What I did is put about 6 washers on the left side of the wheel to allow proper clearance. Good luck man let me know how it goes:)

11. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Seat remodel

Hey thanks a lot guys:) so the old seat had barely any bounce and was frankly uncomfortable. So I built this new springer seat with two hydralics pulling the seat up from inside the frame and a spring underneath, it works great and is way more comfortable. Also I got rid of the offset air cleaner and installed it flush with the carb.

Attached Files:

12. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

Hey thanks guys! Just finished the new seat, the old was kind of uncomfortable and left me with shaky legs from my legs absorb inning all the bumps in the road. This new seat has two hydralics that pull the steel bar down from the inside of the frame which in turn pushes the seat up and a spring underneath. It works really well and gives me at least 6" of play.

Attached Files:

13. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

Nice ride, I am building with same setup and Kendas is that a Modena GT?

Nice ride, I am building with same setup and Kendas is that a Modena GT?

14. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

yea it's a modena gt. You will have to offset the back wheel with some spacers to get the chain to not rub.

15. jhammondcpa

I have an aluminum billet 40t gear on order and hoped it would help with the offset to avoid a tire problem. Just put a new chrome expansion tube muffler on as well. BTW where did you put the washer to solve your problem?

16. jhammondcpa

Tire question

I have an aluminum billet 40t gear on order and hoped it would help with the offset to avoid a tire problem. Just put a new chrome expansion tube muffler on as well. BTW where did you put the washer to solve your problem?

17. Yeahuawarrior

Yeahuawarrior New Member

On the left side of the hub, but I had installed the sprocket before I realized there was a clearance problem. You can just modify sprocket clearance to make it come out for the incentive running the same problems I did.

jhammondcpa likes this.
  18. jhammondcpa

I am still waiting on the aluminium 40t gear assembly from California that should help. I have found at least 3 other bikes on this site with the same setup and Kenda tires which is encouraging, Thanks for the help!

19. vanillawafer16

vanillawafer16 New Member

custom fairing?

I love this build, but I was wondering how you made the fairing?

20. jhammondcpa

I m not sure how Yeahuawarrior made his fairing, but you can see a similar fairing at http://phantom-bikes.com/ on the Ghost-R model. That is the same bike i used for Spirit II, but finally changed my tires to GeaX Tattoo 2.3 inch tires.

Good Luck!