My First Motored Bike.

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by tskrem, Jul 26, 2009.

1. tskrem

tskrem Member

Hey i ordered my motor kit of ebay. It was $190 AUS.
    It is an F80 motor kit. 66cc.
    IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

2. tskrem

tskrem Member

bump, bump

not everything from the kit is in these photos, more to come soon. Hopefully :D

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. That bike looks like it's going to be a world of fun.

I'd get an inline fuel filter. You can get them wherever you can get parts for lawn mowers and their engines. Splice it in between the fuel tank and the carburetor.

Those gas tanks have a small, screen type filter inside. You've probably seen, and installed, it as a matter of fact. But they're not much. You're nearly unfiltered at the moment.

4. tskrem

tskrem Member

yeah i knew i have to get one of them because there on all my motorbikes (only little dirt bikes). thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

5. tskrem

tskrem Member

bump, bump

new photos, i have taken some shots of the petal milimetres away from the motor, will this matter? is it normal?

6. tskrem

tskrem Member

I also have a problem with my throttle being unable to fit on my handlebars? anyone have an idea how to fix it.

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

Cheers :D

7. biken stins

biken stins Member

Look inside throttle end.
    Some have a small pin sticking out.
    a small hole needs to be drilled in handle bar so pin can fit into it.
    It has a purpose ! Don't break it off.
    If there is no pin and the bars are to large or small you may need new correct size bars.
    Good Luck

8. tskrem

tskrem Member

The throttle has the pin but the bars are too big. should i drill the hole and then force the throttle in? were could i buy a bigger throttle?
    thanks for the comment.

9. tskrem

tskrem Member

10. biken stins

biken stins Member

its a nice looking bike.may have to make some special brackets and adaptors.

Most kits comes with controls to fit 7/8" bars.

Did you unscrew the 2 screws from top so it would open wider ?

How wide is the opening ?
    What is the diameter of bars ?

DO NOT FORCE ANYTHING AT ANY TIME ON MACHINES. IF IT DON'T BREAK DOING IT,AT A TIME WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT TO IT WILL.
    Good Luck

11. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

get new, smaller handlebars??? I noticed you used duct tape to save the paint from the mount... try black electrical tape... it will look better.

12. tskrem

tskrem Member

yeah lol i have to go over it. i used the tape so the rubber would stay on (for less vibration)
    im gonna tape up soon.
    Nah i didnt force it on. Also do u think angle grinding the bars a little would help??
    another question what did u guys use to drill the little hole on the handlebar? because when i tried that with a normal drill i failed lol.(someone told me u could probably use a normal drill??)

13. biken stins

biken stins Member

dremel tool for small hole. Can always make larger with drill.
    What you going to use the angle grinder on ?
    Rear sprocket looks good. Much easier to line everything up when upside down. If you do flip it will be easy taking tank off and puting it back on. The threads on the studs strip easy and it don't take much to break them off. when it upside down line your tensioner with rear sprocket.
    keep going your almost there.
    That is one nice style of bike !

14. tskrem

tskrem Member

i was planning on using the angle grinder on the handle bars just to thin it out a lil to make it thinner? unsure weather it will work:S

the threads on the studs strip easy and it don't take much to break them off. when it upside down line your tensioner with rear sprocket.
    what ya mean by that?

15. tskrem

tskrem Member

UPDATE ON MY BIKE:
    now im gonna get some new screws at bunnings tomorrow after school for my chain cover because the Chinese ones are too soft. also some 'slick tape' because me chain slightly toches my frame. now all i need is a new handlebar for my bike because mine is to big in diamiter? how does that work??? anyways thats the update.
    Ohh and also:
    when i installed the accelerator the golden brass thing that is in the photos for the insterlattion isn't there? is this a problem??

kk ty
    -tskrem

16. Replace the throttle with a brake handel
    i have3 bikes and two of my 3 have them

17. tskrem

tskrem Member

hmm... ok i might look into that.

18. tskrem

tskrem Member

my bike is nearly there!

19. tskrem

tskrem Member