My First Motorized Bike ( Friction Driven )

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by brendonv, May 31, 2008.

1. brendonv

brendonv Member

Here is my friction driven bike me and my dad built over the course of a week, all info can be found in the General Discussion Section under "Motorized Bike Build". The Engine is 30CC Ryobi Weed Wacker engine and it goes so well, about 25-30mph. The spindle is 1 1/4 inches in diameter and was made on the lathe by a friend of my dads. So here's the pics, enjoy!

From Brendonv

Attached Files:

2. bbeards2

bbeards2 Member

cleanest looking friction bike I've seen nice build
  3. crabdance

crabdance Member

Kool bike Brendon... bet you are having fun with it! Keep smiling!
  4. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Nice job.....looks beefy too. Like the low profile with the cylinder down.
  5. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Very nice! Looks stealthy, bet its still noisy though! Nice and clean looking build.
  6. brendonv

brendonv Member

its not to bad, a little bit quieter than a moped. Its a very strong, nice looking build. XD
  7. bicycle ron

bicycle ron Member

Watch out boys, This guys going to the emmys!!!! Great ,I mean GREAT JOB DUDE!!!!!!!
  8. brendonv

brendonv Member

First Run!!!!

haha, well i gave it a test run and it goes pretty good, i have to tune the High on the carby a bit more but it was a lil wet so the spindle was slipping so i didnt get it to top speed, with the spindle wet i got it to about 40km/h which is like 25mph so wen its dry it should go pretty darn quick I no ur not suppose to ride in the wet as it wrecks the tyre but my dad said if it stuffs up he will buy me a new one so im like ok and rode it haha. It sounds awesome and is such a cool feeling to ride around the place, like a mini motor bike.

Here's the link to the video:

From Brendon.v
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  9. Is the spindle fixed? ...Or can you raise and lower it?
  10. brendonv

brendonv Member

u can raise and lower the mount but i never do. When i want to ride normally i take the spark plug out so its not hard to pedal.
  11. Standing applause! BRAVO!!

That upside down head is freaking me out. I assume it has to be a 2 stroke for that to work.

Man what a clean install. Just beautiful.
  12. brendonv

brendonv Member

13. brendonv

brendonv Member

14. bicycle ron

bicycle ron Member

Weed wacker drive!!!! Who would a thunk???? Pretty cool!!!!!!!!