my first post/motored bike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by autobo7, Apr 11, 2008.

1. autobo7

autobo7 Member

Hello all!
    I am a college student from Central Pa(not PSU). Although I have been a road bicycle rider(1991 bianchi boardwalk) for a long time, I recently ran across one of those kits on Ebay and I couldn't help myself. Seeing the obvious MPG advantages and thinking only of my financial future(Sarcasm), I turned my nice LIGHT road bike into a motorized cruiser, after making my road bike very heavy and not very practical, I bought an old 70's Schwinn cruiser style bike and moved the engine to that.

I also found out the hard way that the russian style clutch levers are worthless and that a 36 tooth sprocket really adds some excitement to the ride.:D During all of this, this forum was an invaluable source of information to me.

So here I am!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Brilliant! great to have you on board! I can see you are going to fit right in, and already have quite a head start. Got any pics of your ride? look forward to having a look.
    See you around
    Fastboy

3. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi autobo7. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

5. Those Suburbians with the skinny tires,you must be FLYING on your bike!

WELCOME to MBc!

6. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to MBc, good luck and happy motoring!

7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

8. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

BSA

9. autobo7

autobo7 Member

Yeah have the 1'1/4 profiles tire on its so it moves pretty quick, i should probably replace them the are the original that came with the bike!

10. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!