My first project

delorean_mac

Local time
5:50 AM
Well, I am starting a project with a mountain bike and a 31 cc weedwacker motor. I am rack mounting it for friction drive. I cleaned the carb tonight and hopefully I'll have the motor running by tomorrow. That way, on the weekend I can mount it. The roller is a wheel off a castor I got at home depot (I love that place), but I have a bit of a problem with the throttle (which I also got at Home Depot):) The throttle cable was made for a lawn mower, so it is too thick and won't spring back to idle. So, I have a lawn mower throttle control piece that stays wherever I put it. This will make it hard to stop in emergency situations, so I was wondering if anyone new where to get weedwacker appropriate throttle control lines. Also, I was wondering how long it took for everyone else to finish their projects. Thanks!

-Dan

I just got the engine working... very loud and very fast. It is leaking gas out of the air intake on the carb... and I've looked at everything and can't seem to find a reason that it is doing that. Oh well, at least it doesn't leak while it's running. I hooked up the kill switch and mounted the wheel to the shaft. Other than the leaking, the engine is perfect:) Any ideas on the carb?

pics possibly? Im making one too with a 30cc Ryobi Weed wacker engine. Im going to use a bike peg for a roller/spindle ( 2.8cm in diameter ) and going to mount it so i can adjust the height of the motor, pretty basic design but it will work really well.

I found that a bicycle brake cable fits the carb on my Ryobi, and I had to add an additional spring to pull the throttle closed. I conected that to a bicycle brake lever mounted so it can be actuated by my right thumb like a wave runner.

The throttle cable was made for a lawn mower, so it is too thick and won't spring back to idle. So, I have a lawn mower throttle control piece that stays wherever I put it. This will make it hard to stop in emergency situations, so I was wondering if anyone new where to get weedwacker appropriate throttle control lines.

-Dan

Back