My first ride :]

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Ant27, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Ant27

Ant27 Member

My First Ride

My first ride, finally completed. Everything is great, accept the petcock leaking but oh well I'll fix it. The fuel line also has a small leak when meeting the carb. I don't know what that's called haha.
    I WILL ziptie the lines on the handlebars later haha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Congratulations! A fine looking machine.
    You can get better fuel line at an auto parts store. You want 1/4 in. INSIDE diameter.
    hose clamp at petcock and fuel filter. Only problem I had was that this would not fit the carburetor nipple. I temporarily put on a bit of the stock fuel line. eventually I'll go to a home improvement place and get some new line. Just gotta watch out that it's chemical resistant. I'll post back here if there are any troubles.

3. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

good job! keep up the good work!

4. Trash the pot-metal petcock and get a brass one from kingsmotorbikes.com or thatsdax.com. much better quality and won't snap in half if you over-tighten it. (yes, that's why I bought my brass one)

5. Ant27

Ant27 Member

Haha I just added teflon tape, and that sealed it right up. You are right though. Of these days I just know somethings going to happen to that petcock.

6. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

Those green Kulanas look great.

Put a chain tensioner on the motor chain. With that tapered tube you may need to "flatten" out one side to match the taper. Some members on here had a great idea to drill and tap a hole for a bolt to hold tension on it so it wouldn't slip down the taper.

7. You can add a tensioner, but as long as your chain isn't rubbing the frame, when your chain loosens up you can just take a link out. You should definitely put an inline particulate filter in your fuel line. The petcock has a filter but it only catches the larger pieces.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008