My Fosscati Bike Fleet as it stands

Here are my favourite bike builds. The blue Schwinn Cruiser is my personal transport. It's a 2008 Schwinn Alloy 7 with twin V-brakes. They stopped making them and now all Schwinn cruisers here have coaster brake at the back. Great shame because nobody wants my motored bikes with coaster brake. Can't back pedal to position the wide cranks on corners and that is a real pain.
I do my own decals now and all the bikes have Aussie names. The Black Schwinn D7 is popular but it's all steel and very heavy so it has to have a Honda to pull it properly. It is also very expensive because the bike is $950 and the motor over $600 and then theres the kit and a lot of fabrication to make it fit on a large 7 spd hub. Well set up it drives like a real motorbike. I used to think the springer forks made a big difference to comfort but I think I love my alloy Schwinn the most and it can't take springers cos the head tube is too long. It sounds like a little Ducati.
I also like the Schwinn Tango Tandem for quiet rides in the countryside.
I have a Mongoose NX7 mountain bike that I'm very fond of as well but the saddle hurts me when I ride it.
The 700C wheels on the Giant Elwood really make a big difference for riding comfort - much smoother on a 2-stroke than the 26" wheels.
I ride a lot with other guys whom I've built bikes for and we call ourselves the Mild Bunch and we refer to our bikes as Hardly Davidsons.
We are like a real bikie gang and not to be messed with!

Attachments

• FG2 Chincogan Chaser.jpg
    FG2 Chincogan Chaser.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 408
  • FG4 Billinudgel Bullet.jpg
    FG4 Billinudgel Bullet.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 800
  • Fosscati Freedom Small.jpg
    Fosscati Freedom Small.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Indian2a.jpg
    Indian2a.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Indian10.jpg
    Indian10.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 477
  • Billinudgel Bullet Low.jpg
    Billinudgel Bullet Low.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 517
  • Fosscati in Workshop low mem.jpg
    Fosscati in Workshop low mem.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 502
  • Bikes & Kites Festival.jpg
    Bikes & Kites Festival.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 479
  • Indian13.jpg
    Indian13.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Xmas Day On Tandem.jpg
    Xmas Day On Tandem.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 340
John, you are a real artist, from your beautiful bikes to the elegant artwork in the your media and pics, Nice touch with the skywriting.
I can only imagine the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to bring everything up to such a polished level.

Last edited:
Back