My friction kit decision

r5579

Local time
6:14 AM
After a lot of "hmmms" and "haaaas", I made my order on a Subaru 4-stroke friction drive kit from Straton.
I'm really looking forward to this kit, and will probably 2nd-guess my decision a bit until I try it out.
The other option that I was looking at was the same motor, just chain drive.

But I like the friction mount for the ease of installation, and the ability to put it on basically any bike that I want. This is the best part in my opinion.
And I know that many of you have the friction kits and sound as if you enjoy them.

I'm anxious to start enjoying my new purchase already! :)

Just thought I'd share.

Randy

There are pros and cons for everything. I think you will enjoy your kit, it will be lite, quite, simple and be ready to roll long after your tail bone had given up. Wet roads can be an issue, aside from that, ride on.

Don't second guess, they look like great kits. I'm ordering one soon to hook up to my girlfriends bike so she can do some MBing with me. Its also a good choice since she likes biking un-motored as well and should be a cinch for me to remove for her or even transfer to my Schwinn with a smaller drive roller for some light weight off-roading without putting unnecessary beatings onto my more expensive and heavy bikes. The engine should have enough power but I'll be going with another MitsTLE43 for powering up hills here.

Yeah, I think it'll be a great kit.

I watched your action video SirJakesus, and it looked like fun. I know mine isn't going to run that fast, and that kinda made me want the Mitsubishi motor, but the Subaru is supposed to be good too. :)

I'm putting my motor on my Gary Fisher Tassajara mt. bike. It's got front suspension and disc brakes so it should be a good overall ride.
Definitely looking forward to it.
Randy

Back