My GEBE Belt died. Dont leave home with out a extra

I guess it makes ya wonder if it's doing it's job....lol....gotta give it to ya there. Hmmm...that'll give me something to do...figure out how to cross reference the gates belt. I've already attempted to find an alternative belt, with no success so far. Maybe I need to give it another go...hehe.

Whats the gates # for that belt? How wide, length and is it ribbed on the friction side? or give me a description of what the friction side consists of. Is it like an automotive belt with 6 ribs?

Width looks awfully close to 3/8".... it's a flat belt...no "V"....it's ribbed...looks to be about 6 teeth, or ridges per inch. Not really sure how to give you the length without cutting mine, (all I have in this vicinity is a 25' retractable tape measure...lol). The following info is on the belt: GATES 16355MO9K SPCL. After that is another smaller number as follows: 0808MC That's about all I can give ya to go by.

I think I've actually been to the same page.....none of the numbers jive. Also, after doubling the belt, and laying it accross the edge of my desk, I measure the doubled belt at very close to 32".

belt life and some for sale

I have a few of these belts i bought extra for the gebe when i was using that system.. i got about 700 miles on each and was pretty easy on them. i weigh 170. not kg. maybe i have 6. i got them ordered locally, they are german made and good quality i think i paid about 6 bucks each. beats gebe 20 dollars aye? If you want to buy just pm me, 6 dollars each plus shipping. i have paypal acc. or just send a check. alway carry extra belt but by the speedo you can count on replacement when getting to 700m. i don't care what gebe says. i would clamp the ring to the spokes, not epoxy, i tried that and the spokes continue to move through the plastic ring. there was a fellow here that posted pics of his clamp system. he was using a recumbent and pulling a trailer uphill. i liked the mileage but got frustrated with the ring system. the belt and ring just wasn't beefy enough. using whizzer now and falling in love but it is more like a motorcycle.
just went to look and i only have 4 belts, they are branded JASON 63 inch XL
one looks used. so how about 20 plus ship? btw, i also have a 25cc redmax that need work, i put about 3k on it and it had some minor prior use before i bought it and the gebe kit on ebay. name an easy price and its yours. w.

Yeah Wes, I go as easy as I can on these belts, and still get 500 mi. I guess for a feather light clean system like the GEBE there are sacrifices that must be made. Although, going by what some of the folks say out here, it makes me think that there is an allignment, or possibly the off centered ring problem that is causing premature wear. The GEBE system is hard to beat if ya want an ultra light, no drip, odor free motored bike that you could park in the living room if ya want.

RRRRRRR I give up! Thats a special belt I guess, Ive never seen a belt that couldnt be cross referenced till now. Anyway I still think a goodyear belt is better quality. If I had that belt Id go to a parts store with it in hand and then Id have one. Id ask the clerk to let me loose in back untill I had her in hand! lol

I hear ya bro....yeah, they've got this one pretty well sewed up...lol. I wish they weren't quite so expensive. I just changed mine again today...less than 400 miles...grrrrr. There's no doubt that a goodyear would be better...couldn't get much worse...lol.

Darwin better yet walk in the parts store belt in hand and hand it to the clerk. They got a little gizmo to put the belt on and find the right size.

Back