My Hardly Davidson so far

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by RedGreen, Aug 27, 2008.

1. RedGreen

RedGreen Member

So, It's been about 3 months now and I really like this bike!
    But, I have had a few of the normal problems. Bolts coming loose and such.
    If you get the repro Monarch double spring fork use the RED loctite. Those bolts are expensive and hard to find.
    The frame is a 1940 Elgin and it is long and the ride is much better and more stable than my previous creation. The rear cruiser brake hub with the flange attached to make it easier to mount a drive sprocket folded up on me so I changed it out with the other one I had that had been used a year longer and it's still working fine. I will have to take the hub apart and see if I can fix it.

Attached Files:

2. kcmcf

kcmcf Member

verry nice build, that is what everyone at work calls my bike.

3. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Yes very nice proportions and attention to detail. I bet it's lots of fun to ride:smile:

4. very nice!

cheers:smile:

Bob

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Very nice. Very, very nice.

6. Hey RedGreen---It looks like we got kicked by the same mule-you gave me an idea to replace the blade fork on my classic Schwinn frame with my Rollfast spring fork before I have it powder coated.($40, highly reccommend) Do you have trouble with restricted gas feed full throttle? I plan on removing the screen and using an inline filter. Beats a fried engine from a lean run. Keith(trackfodder)Williams

7. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

Nice Bike!

8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Nicely detailed. I like the panel plates abaft the seat-post - might be useful to make up a tool box there like some of the older bikes used to have.

Some of the Ace bikes had a toolbox mounted within top of the fuel tank.

I have to say that the cruiser frame I have is alot more stable than the MTB frame I used to have - more weight and longer track..

hope you enjoy riding it

Jemma xx

9. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

That's one sweet rig!

10. luke

luke Guest

great looking machine kind of reminds me of a 1930s french terrot bike i have been slowly restoring.

11. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Member

Great looking bike RedGreen!!! Where did you get your tank and engine?

12. RedGreen

RedGreen Member

I made the tank myself out of 16 gauge. The engine came off of Ebay.

13. RickyH

RickyH New Member

What a great looking bike, I'm real impressed. I have always been into vintage and antique bikes and motorcycles. Years ago I had a early 1960's Vespa Moped, like an idiot, I sold it. Back the I did'nt know what I had.
    I also had a Simplex Automatic, more of a motorbike belt driven, but I was never able to get it to run. This was before everyone had computers and it was impossible for me to find used parts for it. I'll dig up some pics and post them. Back in my younger years I had a bunch of stuff that was just junk to me back then. Today I could kick myself in the butt for not keeping all of that.

14. RedGreen

RedGreen Member

Thanks for the kind words. Just wait until I get the super white tires I bought put on. It will be really sharp then!

15. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

hardly davidson! good bike, looks real nice.

16. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Yeah, very nice!

17. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

RedGreen Love the old school look to her Have to laugh at the name love it too funny But seriously she's a real looker I am planning a tank similar to that out of copper on my 10 speed Schwinn

18. RickyH

RickyH New Member

The white tires ought to make it really stand out.

19. jk-1

jk-1 Guest

I like it ...

Nice job Red,
    Most people don't realize how much , Time - Money and Imagination, It takes to create a custom Bike . And I highly recommend the white tires, It really made my bike look unique
    Once again Nice Job - Jim

My custom Harley MB with white tires.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009