My Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jd1943, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jd1943

jd1943 Guest

I am John and am new to motorbikes in this life. I fooled with Cushman scooters 50 or so years ago. I am twice retired- 22 years in the Air Force as a jet engine mechanic and avionics technician then 17 years with the government as an electronics tech, avionics tech and finally a technician at the high speed test track (rocket sled). I build hot rods as a hobby and we travel extensively to car shows in an rv. Need to build a bike for putzing around rv parks, car shows, ect and will try and make it retro to compliment the hot rods.

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome. With your background, I don't think you'll have any trouble with these toys.
  3. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

yes welcome to mbc. this is a great hobby and think you will find a new pasion.
  4. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Welcome to MBc and good luck with whatever machine you choose :)

Incidentally when you have a spare moment you might be able to advise me on mounting the 60hp model jet motor on my Schwinn :D

Jemma xx
  5. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc.
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  7. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc, you will have a blast and find lots of great info here.
  8. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe. Believe you will find chinlges of information and join a good group of people. Even a few old pharts from the Giant Side of Texas!
  9. jd1943

jd1943 Guest

Well guess we are nearly neighbors-I'm down the road a little poece in Alamogordo NM
  10. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome to Mbc.