My Introduction:

Hal the Elder

Local time
2:09 AM
Hello...I'm Hal Pollner ("Hal the Elder")

I'm a 72-year-old retired Aerospace engineer living in Southern California's High Mojave Desert.

I've owned 7 motorcycles over the past 42 years, but as I grow older, I recall with nostalgia when I rode a friend's Whizzer motorbike as a 15-year-old boy in 1951. That was a more fondly remembered thrill than all my bikes since then!

I haven't owned a "sickle" in over 3 years, but I want to get a new Whizzer as the last motorized 2-wheeler of my life, thereby coming "full circle"!

My last bike was a 652cc Suzuki Savage "Big Single"...a real powerhouse "thumper"!

My riding style is now slow cruising around my residential streets and desert backroads and trails...never on the highways anymore!

I'm happiest when I'm stroking along at about 15-20 mph, saying hello to the Jackrabbits, Ravens, Scorpions, Kangaroo Rats, and Mojave Greens (rattlesnakes) as I chug along!

At the moment, I'm trying to locate a dealership within 100 miles or so that has a new Whizzer NE5 in stock! They're all sold out!

Cheers...
HAL

Time For A Little Thumper

My last bike was a 652cc Suzuki Savage "Big Single"...a real powerhouse "thumper"!

I'm happiest when I'm stroking along at about 15-20 mph, saying hello to the Jackrabbits, Ravens, Scorpions, Kangaroo Rats, and Mojave Greens (rattlesnakes) as I chug along!

Cheers...
HAL

welcome Hal the Elder from the getting older now myself Mountainman
I think it's time for a nap now !!

yes -- those big thumpers -- been there love those
and I can relate
now it's time for a LITTLE THUMPER ------------ MB

the little mountainLady anf I love the desert
15 to 20mph -------- perfect

hope that you find your MB soon so as to be able to ----
RIDE THAT THING

Welcome Hal. Glad your here. Its fun hearing about different critters in various areas of the counry. Up here we have fox, deer, wolf, eagle, coyote raccoons, weasel etc. Good luck on your bike decission.

Back