My Kulana Moon Dog.

This is my first build. it took about 9-10 hrs to get everything tuned and the way i like it.
The hardest part was the chain and sprocket alignment. The chain would ride on the tensioner and would cuase the tensioner to move into my spokes..
So i had to drill another bolts through the frame to make a bracket.
The throttle from Powerking sucked. But i got it to work.
Good kit
I love my moon dog, Im breaking it in right now.
I ordered a 49cc from PowerkingShop on .

here are some pics:

edit*** will upload soon

here they are.

Attachments

• DSCI0128.jpg
    DSCI0128.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 1,076
  • DSCI0129.jpg
    DSCI0129.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCI0131.jpg
    DSCI0131.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCI0130.jpg
    DSCI0130.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCI0132.jpg
    DSCI0132.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSCI0133.jpg
    DSCI0133.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCI0134.jpg
    DSCI0134.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 459
Welcome to the ranks of Moondog owners. Nice looking ride. Little advice on them is add you a springer front end and it smooths it out real nice OH and watch those fender braces.
Later Terry

oh yeah man, those fenders are flimsy..

I got to bend my back fender a little bit, becuase the chain was kinda grazing it..

i love riding this bike.
how long before i can take this thing off to the roads.. A gas tank?

This is my first build. it took about 9-10 hrs to get everything tuned and the way i like it.
The hardest part was the chain and sprocket alignment. The chain would ride on the tensioner and would cuase the tensioner to move into my spokes..
So i had to drill another bolts through the frame to make a bracket.
The throttle from Powerking sucked. But i got it to work.
Good kit
I love my moon dog, Im breaking it in right now.
I ordered a 49cc from PowerkingShop on .

here are some pics:

edit*** will upload soon

Yeah I had the same problem with my Schwinn Suburban, the tensioner would just turn into the spokes. Finally I just drilled a small hole thru it and made a set screw to stop that. NICE looking bike.

Can you inform me about adjusing the clutch, whenever i pull the lever down, it works perfectly, but when i lock my lever in place i can feel the drag of the motor still trying to pull

Can you inform me about adjusing the clutch, whenever i pull the lever down, it works perfectly, but when i lock my lever in place i can feel the drag of the motor still trying to pull

I could never get that type of clutch lever to work well for me. I stopped using that pin. Drag on the clutch and would cause it to slip.

also, wow ive been riding for a good 15-20 miles over two days, and i havent put any grease on the right side gears..

Should i use moly grease, and dab some on each gear, ( very thick )

or i do have amsoil sever gear 75w-90 ( more like oil not as think)

which should i dab on there

also, wow ive been riding for a good 15-20 miles over two days, and i havent put any grease on the right side gears..

Should i use moly grease, and dab some on each gear, ( very thick )

or i do have amsoil sever gear 75w-90 ( more like oil not as think)

which should i dab on there

Use the moly grease; oil will lubricate your clutch pads, the opposite of what you want.

BSA

That is one fantastic looking bike. I have been browsing all the great photos here and this is my favorite. Runner up would be an army-style bike I came across.

Back