My latest binage bike project

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by JE, Oct 9, 2008.

1. JE

JE Guest

Got bored a couple days ago and decided to drag one of my bike projects out and put it together. It's a 1939 Elgin. Tomorrow i'll install the rear fender braces front fork, fender and Wheel.I'm waiting for a couple peices I won on E-bay.Should be riding it by this weekend.

Attached Files:

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Sweet. Now that's a bike, great whitewalls.

Hope your gonna add some pics when you get her done.

3. JE

JE Guest

yea I'll be adding some more pictures later today.

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Please, please tell us that you are going to motorize it.

That'll be a thing of beauty.

Now that I think about it, though, it'll be beautiful whether motored or not.

5. JE

JE Guest

Few more pictures

I'm going to leave this one pedal powered. I've got a couple other Vintage bikes and will probably motorize one of them.

Attached Files:

6. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

PLEASE don't butcher that old & valuable bike by putting a motor on it.

7. JE

JE Guest

The Elgin is staying pedal powered. I've got a 1938 Shelby Frame that i'm going to build a board tracker out of. It was bent and had a few dents in the tubes I had to fix.The tank in the picture is going on my 38 shelby Flying cloud I'm restoring.I'm taking two 38 Shelby flying clouds and making one good one. The first bike looked like it was in a acedent. The frame and fork where bent but it had all the hard to find parts.The second one had a good frame and fork but the rest of the bike was made up of 60's schwinn parts.

Attached Files:

8. JE

JE Guest

Got a few more parts cleaned up on the Elgin today.Tomorrow I'll have the rear fender braces mounted and the crank assembled mounted in the frame.I might do some more polishing on the Badge.

Attached Files:

9. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Looking Good !!!!!

10. jk-1

jk-1 Guest

Looks Good !

It looks like a great winter project Justin, I'll be following your progress.
    Take Care - Jim

11. JE

JE Guest

thanks Jim. I want to get it done so we can concentrate on the whizzer board tracker this winter.

12. jk-1

jk-1 Guest

I am doing the same here Justin , I am looking at many Vintage Motoredbikes and getting a feel for which way I want to go. I am also looking at different engine options, Do to the fact that whizzer has decided to change directions and leave their niche market ( and their followers ) and stop producing the Engine Kit.
    Take Care - Jim

13. JE

JE Guest

Got some more work done on the elgin today. got the rear fender braces put on and found a steer tube nut that has nice chrome on it. Still need to find the correct skip tooth crank, truss rods for the front, rear rack and drop stand and fender clip. Hope to have it ridable by the weekend.

Attached Files:

14. JE

JE Guest

Handle bars got mounted today

Got the Art Deco style neck and the the handle bars mounted on the Elgin today. Should have the Original red coke bottle grips by the end of the week.Might borrow the drop stand off one of my other project bikes to put on it.

Attached Files:

15. jk-1

jk-1 Guest

It's looking good Justin, You might be able to ride by the weekend...
    Take Care - Jim

16. JE

JE Guest

Yea i'm waiting on the right crank to put in it. Hope to have it by the weekend.