My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
more correction...this group is a mix of VFW, DAV, and the Legion...finally got it right.

met some folks i knew from the ferry trip...they said they'll register and post pics of the parade...

half-hour 'til launch...folks, i am having a FREAKING BLAST!!!

:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Photo07041133.jpg
    Photo07041133.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo07041135_1.jpg
    Photo07041135_1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo07041136.jpg
    Photo07041136.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Photo07041137.jpg
    Photo07041137.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 167
  • Photo07041137_1.jpg
    Photo07041137_1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 171
  • Photo07041138.jpg
    Photo07041138.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 183
Up Right guy

To one & all...Augi is an up standing & righteous fellow. He paid me back every last dollar that it cost for his ferry ticket from Bellingham to Juneau. I felt a good vibe that he could be trusted & he didn't disappoint. I became the richer for it through our new friendship & his mentoring my 2 builds w/the 1 HT engine I have. I'm sorry that I didn't ride alongside him in the parade today. I rested at home in preparation for a very early morning return to work as Chief Mate (not Cargo-Master, tho I dig the moniker). I'll be out to sea for the next 2 weeks. I wish him well with his future travels & discovery of AK & it's people. He'll dig it & no doubt they'll dig him. To Augi, this Forum, & to one & all I thank you very much for this experience :bowdown:. I will continue to follow Augi through "My Long Ride" postings. Y'all stay well & be good to yourselves....c/m

denny, i think you may have a home-field advantage ;)

"there's a place up ahead and i'm goin', just as fast as my feet can fly." that was way easy, daryl, CCR is one of my favorites :cool:

LMAO...I missed this earlier. My signature was done this way because I have realized that beyond the nuts and bolts....mostly nuts of building a bike, Augi is showing us all the reason we do it. I will keep pondering. Augi, you keep doing the rest.

I am not going to say that an extended stay in a crappy hotel was worth it but:
To one & all...Augi is an up standing & righteous fellow. He paid me back every last dollar that it cost for his ferry ticket from Bellingham to Juneau.

Thank you for telling us and confirming what we know. He is one stand up guy and is very thankful for your part in his adventure. Your story will live here, please do not be a stranger! Post thoughts from time to time.
Now I have one other thing to say to you personally::bowdown:

Chief Mate

Great To Have You Aboard (here!! Lol) !! Swell Of You To Help The "kid" Get Ferried. Many People Enjoying This Thread.

I Have A Thought About The Guy At The Rear Of The Parade With The Broom. I Have Heard That A Lot Of Them Eat "Road Apple Pie" !! What Are They Referring To? Ron

Last edited:
Is it a "mucker"? Quite the contraption, a guy really has to watch where his head/hands are with that one.

Heh, somebody should convert one for snow removal, sounds like the "alaskan" thing to do :devilish:

THAT'S IT....mucker. Reminds me of a John Wayne movie on how to build a
tunnel......drill, blast, muck.:geek:

Chief Mate

Great To Have You Aboard (here!! Lol) !! Swell Of You To Help The "kid" Get Ferried. Many People Enjoying This Thread.

I Have A Thought About The Guy At The Rear Of The Parade With The Broom. I Have Heard That A Lot Of Them Eat "Road Apple Pie" !! What Are They Referring To? Ron

Where I'm from, horse droppings left on the road are called "road apples", so that's my guess on what they mean by "road apple pie" :sick:

Erich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back