my luck!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DR.X, Dec 21, 2007.

1. DR.X

DR.X Guest

i just recently bought a chicken power engine off of ebay and the guy i bought it fropm said it had carb problems,when i was tinkering with one day i noticerd that it was in choke and i put it on open sprayed some carb cleaner in it cranked it ,the **** thing started right up,talk about luck.

2. Scottm

Scottm Guest

That's pretty cool. The bike and mower shop when I get stuff for my bike, is 4 months behind on lawn equiptment repairs and won't take any new ones. He says 90% were carb issues when people left fuel in over the winter. All he does is wash em out and put a new diaphram in. I snagged a lawn mower that one of my neighbors put out on the curb. All that was wrong was the ground wire sheath had melted to the motor. As soon as I pulled the wire off, the motor fired up on the first pull.
    It makes me sad Americans are so lazy now.
  3. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

It's funny you say that. I guy I work with picked up a 2 cylinder water cooled Honda tractor for $100. The guy said it had a trans problem. When I picked it up for my friend, (I have a trailer) I found that the shift lever was missing a nut on the lock clamp portion of the shifter. We fixed the trans problem with a 3 cent nut. He got a very nice machine for about 1/10 of what it is worth.
    I got a snow blower for free because the owner could not find new tires for it. His loss was my gain. It took me 5 minutes to find tires on the net. (eBay of course) I love it when people give up too easily. :) It doesn't make me sad at all. For some of us, that's the only way we can get the toys we love.

4. DR.X

DR.X Guest

right now im going to try to buy some spare parts for it just in case of emergency
  5. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Has nothing to do with americans being lazy instead it has to do with stupid americans. For example: The average joe nowadays can't even change his own flat tire and sits in his car like a nancy girl waiting for AAA to do it for him. Look at how many men take their cars to Iffy lube for oil changes...they are a disgrace to testosterone.

I'm amazed how the average guy can't do any of the following:
    a. simple woodworking
    b. sweating pipes/plumbing work
    c. basic electrical repairs
    d. car maintenance and minor to major repairs
    e. Tune up their lawnmower
    f. etc..etc.. I'm disgusted
  6. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Ok this is going to stop right NOW!!! The comments such as"Has nothing to do with americans being lazy instead it has to do with stupid americans" What the heck does being an American have anything to do with it , I dont go to you country and bash you so have some respect for mine! And if you are here and feel the need to bash then you should try going to another country and see if they welcome you the way you have been welcomed here!
  7. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Why are you not putting your full information in your profiles?
    I gotta agree with you loco but I don't think they were looking to directly bash americans. I could be wrong though.
  8. mickey

mickey Guest

Can't or won't. I can and have done all and more. I don't change my oil anymore since I can get Walmart to do it for under $20 bucks and enviromentally dispose of the used oil.

I've worked hard to be able to be this lazy :grin: