Engine Trouble My motor won't turn over

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Anthony@310, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Anthony@310

Anthony@310 New Member

My motor won't turn over. I checked the cdi the fuel spark plug head gasket..when I go the let out clutch and turn throttle it comes to a slow halt. Dead silence.. Uugh.so can somebody help me?

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

first check that spark plug is wet with fuel - are you continuing to pedal as you ease out the clutch?
  3. Anthony@310

Anthony@310 New Member

I checked the cdi sparkplug headgasket.. When I let out the cluch and turn the throttle the bike comes to a slow halt. No sound.its my first bike..I have limited tools n I can't count on anybody' to help me out here without charging me for advice...help me please.
  4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

it won't halt if you're still pedaling
    Timbone likes this.
  5. mrbg

mrbg Member

Clutch cable too tight? Clutch slips motor not turning over? Pull your magneto case, pedal and watch the rotor to see if clutch is fully engaged or slipping
  6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

assuming its actually turning over and the clutch isnt the issue all along... and that you attached the chain...

remove exhaust, remove carb, change spark plug to NGK brand.

pour a little bit of fuel down the intake. if it starts,fires up, coughs, maybe even revs up a bit for a second or two... it was either the exhaust or the carb at fault.

if it doesnt start, its electrical. or possibly crank seals. remove side covers and look for oil inside either case, usually the magneto side lets go.

we CANNOT help you if YOU CANNOT describe the problem a bit more clearly ;)

maybe its better that you spend money and get ripped off...