My motoredbike

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by betio, Jun 24, 2008.

1. betio

betio New Member

I received my kit from Powerking yesterday. I was off today so I put it together in a few hours and fired it up. Went around the block a couple of times. Very smooth! I only went about 5 mph. I started out with a 25 year old Ross Mt. Whitney Mountain bike. The front derailer was in the way, so my bike went from a 15 speed with front derailer to a 5 speed. Also the 4 gas tank mounting nuts were missing from the packaging. I had a great time building it and more fun testing it out!

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

good for you!!:D

now....don't put your wrenches away.

check everything, before each ride.
    the fun has just begun!!
  3. betio

betio New Member

Had the bike out today to do some adjustments. Chain needed tensioned. I hooked up the kill switch to the right places (should have read up a little more on this site!) and I replaced the clutch lever/cable with an old Shimano brake set-up. No matter what I tried, the clutch lever was really hard to disengage. The Shimano is so easy, that I don't need the lever lock. I just ride with it squeezed when I don't want the engine to run. It is that easy!
    I am still breaking the engine in...slow speeds gradually increasing and decreasing the throttle.