My Motorized bike for sale, $300, plus lots of goodies

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by alesterfeind, Nov 17, 2008.

1. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

I have enjoyed my motorized bicycle experience, but I a now graduating to motorcycling and need the room for my Honda Magna.

My bike for sale has a good engine, and everything works properly. It's in great shape, and reaches 30-35mph easily. Along with it is various motorized kit parts such as:

1. New, never used 80cc 2-stroke engine,
    2. Tank
    3. Various carb parts
    4. Custom King's 36 tooth sprocket, never used
    5. Solid hub and freewheel sprocket that can be used with 4-stroke engines.
    6. miscellaneous cables, hoses, springs that are used with these bikes.

I would like $300 for all of it, and I really just want to deal locally here in the DFW/Texas area if at all possible.

Contact me if interested. Pics of the bike are attached. I can email pics of the other stuff upon request.

Attached Files:

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

nice build.... it's cool how you got awy from having to use that darned tensioner!!

is that a coaster brake?

let me get this straight....the complete bike &
    the whole list of parts, including a brand new engine?

what a deal!!

I wish I was closer.... & had a spare 300 bucks!!

you should have no problem selling!!

3. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

The bike has a horizontal drop out for the rear axle, so it made it very easy to tension both chains and not have to use the tensioner. Most bikes have vertical dropouts which make it almost impossible to do without the tensioner.

4. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

5. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Engine and Parts for sale with my bike

Attached are pictures of the engine and parts I have for sale. I would prefer to sell it all together for $295.00, but I will sell the engine for $100, as is, no warranty. It's never been installed or used.

I will sell the bike for $250 by itself.

The rest of the parts I will take $100 for all of it.

Attached Files:

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Check your PMs.

7. sent correct email address sorry jim

8. email on the way thanksgiving am ...jim

9. BikesaLot

BikesaLot New Member

sent pm.

10. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

After many inquiries and people saying they are coming to see the bike, I still have not sold it or the extra parts. I am still available to show it in the evenings or weekends.

11. macarollo

macarollo Guest

Put it on craigslist.

I sold my motorized bike in October for $400. It was a 80cc HT kit just like yours. Right now is a bad market to sell in.

12. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

I put it on there too. I got a lot of responses to my initial add, but no one shows up. That happens i guess.

13. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I bet it is just a bad time of year. Can you wait until it warms up again?

14. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Oh yeah. I am in no big hurry. I just need the space in my garage since I recently bought a motorcycle.

15. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Still got it for sale.

I still have the bike for sale if anyone wants to spend some tax refund money. The weather is nicer now for riding.

16. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

What He Said !!!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12722&d=1226950854

:grin5:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  17. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Yep, it's a good deal. I just need the room in my garage, and I don't have much time to ride or work on the bike anymore now that I have my motorcycle.

It's not a coaster brake. It's a BMX style free wheel single speed. It's got brand new V-brakes front and back.

Yes, everything in the pictures is for $300. The bike alone is worth that or more.

18. SimpleSimon

Tell me what time to be there Saturday or Sunday, and I will be, cash in hand.

19. SimpleSimon

Well, I'm back home from the Dallas area, amd pleased indeed at the trip. Picked up the bike, spare engine and parts enough to build out another bike and then some from alesterfiend. My son and I drove down in his pickup, and he took the bike for a short test ride before we loaded up.

Talk about the MB grin! He'd never even seen a motor assisted bike befoe, or so he says. Strong, well dialed in and well maintained bike - it accelerated his 280 lbs to 30 mph right smartly. On the drive back we were talking about it, and I asked him if he might want to take it out for a ride. His response was "I reckon so", which for him is a gusher of enthusiasm.

Might have made a convert.