Exhaust My nEw Exhuast flangle and down pipe

C

chieflets

Made up new flange bracket to suit the 80cc retangle cylinder port to oppose circle. also increased the down pipe to 1 1/4 inch (32mm)

sound still the same will test performance next few days

Chief

244_01022007_1.jpg

244_01022007001_1.jpg
[/img]

I am in the process of making a new pipe for my motor as well. I wanted to make a pipe that matches the port and then transition to round cross-section. I carved a wooden dowel to fit the port shape. My plan is to use this as a internal form to hammer the end of the pipe to the shape of the port. I have already made the pattern for the flange. I want a longer exhaust pipe as well to get the oily exhaust away from my bike.

I'm in the process of adapting the long (motorcycle type) exhaust from my late fifties 48cc Puch (two stroke) moped.
I'm interested to see how well this will work...
Rif

I'd pay you good $$ for a new exhaust flange with downpipe..I get someone to weld it to my existing muffler. Let me know if you are interested in making another one for sale. I'd be others would be interested in buying them...could be a good way to earn a little extra cash.

in an early phone call with dennis foster, he told me the longer exhaust gave a surprising performance boost.

DrewD said:
I'd pay you good $$ for a new exhaust flange with downpipe..I get someone to weld it to my existing muffler. Let me know if you are interested in making another one for sale. I'd be others would be interested in buying them...could be a good way to earn a little extra cash.
no kidding. anyone who'd do custom exhaust could set up shop in "buy/sell/trade"...that'd be cool to see :)

what happened to my avtar.....

Yes i could make some money but it be pointless if it didn't improve the performance. I will test in next day or 2 just recovering from my pocket bike injuries 110 km/h death woobles stack

Chieflets

Back