Exhaust My nEw Exhuast flangle and down pipe

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by chieflets, Feb 1, 2007.

1. chieflets

chieflets Guest

Made up new flange bracket to suit the 80cc retangle cylinder port to oppose circle. also increased the down pipe to 1 1/4 inch (32mm)

sound still the same will test performance next few days

Chief

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

that's pretty sweeet!

3. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

I am in the process of making a new pipe for my motor as well. I wanted to make a pipe that matches the port and then transition to round cross-section. I carved a wooden dowel to fit the port shape. My plan is to use this as a internal form to hammer the end of the pipe to the shape of the port. I have already made the pattern for the flange. I want a longer exhaust pipe as well to get the oily exhaust away from my bike.

4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Does that increase your power?

5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I'm in the process of adapting the long (motorcycle type) exhaust from my late fifties 48cc Puch (two stroke) moped.
    I'm interested to see how well this will work...
    Rif

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd pay you good $$ for a new exhaust flange with downpipe..I get someone to weld it to my existing muffler. Let me know if you are interested in making another one for sale. I'd be others would be interested in buying them...could be a good way to earn a little extra cash.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

in an early phone call with dennis foster, he told me the longer exhaust gave a surprising performance boost.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

no kidding. anyone who'd do custom exhaust could set up shop in "buy/sell/trade"...that'd be cool to see :)

9. chieflets

chieflets Guest

what happened to my avtar.....

Yes i could make some money but it be pointless if it didn't improve the performance. I will test in next day or 2 just recovering from my pocket bike injuries 110 km/h death woobles stack

Chieflets

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

chieflets, re: your avatar...you have 2 private messages.

11. chieflets

chieflets Guest

k tried my new exhuast out and square flange to suit the cylinder port bottom end lost slight torque but i noted that my midrange and topend toque improved dramtically i was going up a street 800m long with bottom to top 7 of metres diffrence my max speed was 48km with 80cc chineese and 44t rear sprocket. the motor just seemed to wanna go and go will have to try on flat surface next day or two

Pro's
    I gained 2km/h speed increase with more torque in midrange and topend which Iam pleased about cause thats what i was aiming for over the standard chrome pipe

Con's

Lost bottom end torque

12. Guest

Guest Guest

So, can fabricate me one? Sounds like you got a winner.

13. chieflets

chieflets Guest

I can fabricate you one the only thing is do u want whole exhuast or just flange and downpipe and u cut ur old muffler up and get some to weld it ur way

I just wanna do 2 more test with the pipe will let you knowby tommorow might even have better concept

just hang in there for day or 2

Chieflets

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Flange and downpipe is all I need. I'll get a local shop to weld on my old muffler. I'm at 7200 feet in altitude and could use every bit of power I can get.

THANKS,
    Drew