My new girl

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Apr 3, 2008.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Just brought her home to meet the family today:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

A little more comfortable than the Whizzer?
  3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

That's what a motorbike should look like.
    Hate these cafe-racer type of bikes where u can't see the engine....air cooled,nothing like it.
  4. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

THis was from when Honda first started getting into the sport bike market- I really like these due to that combined cruiser/sportbike styling. Yeah a little more comfortable than the whizzer, or my happy time, or my Island Hopper, or the bike bug, or the GEBE (stilll under construction)- but it's totally a different thing. I like having different rides for different moods, or rides... And this one will get better mileage than the ol' Dodge Dart for commuting to work, errands, band practice, etc... :)
  5. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

thats a beauty cool...
  6. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

honda nighthawk

Man that looks new.
  7. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Where are the pedals?

8. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

LOL!!! That's why it's in the white zone... :D

9. Needs ape hangers.
  10. graucho

graucho Active Member

That clean bike looks like its never been ridden in the rain. Nice find. Did the family accept her into the pack?
  11. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Yers, yes they did. It was ridden very little in the rain (It's real hard not to ride some in the rain here, LOL), but has a lot of long distance miles on her. I am the third owner, and will put a heck of a lot more long distance miles on it. I will be riding it to my family reunion on memorial weekend- east of the mountains in Walla Walla... Good 6+ hour ride from here. I can't Wait. She was repainted, but has had all the proper maintenance on schedule all these years and was dealer serviced. It runs like new! And I will continue that maintenance and service appropriately.
    And 550cc more than enough power to get me wherever I need to be gettin' to... :)
  12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

nice bike! i like the styling of it.
  13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Thank you- I took it out for a bit loinger cruise today and bvoy is she a beast!!! I love it!
  14. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well, a lot has happened over the course of a year! Last year when I got her home the first thing I did was to take that stupid windscreen off... That was the beginning of the "personalization" of her... Just yesterday I got her put back together and rode her for the first time since putting her away for the winter. I rebuilt the front forks as the original 1983 fork seals went out and pushed for oil all over the tire, so while at it I dropped the front end 3/4", And while doing that I sent the seat to my upholstery guy, where the seat foam was cut down and re-shaped, then the new cover stitched and the seat recovered. I still need to replace the original valve cover seals and the cam end seals (I have 'em here, just want to ride a bit before tearing it apart again) While those are off I'll need to check the valve lash and if need be put in new shims for the proper valve adjustment (it's a shim and bucket type cam/valve assy.), but anyway, I'm just ramblin' on about nuthin, 'cause I wanna show off the pic.s of my new improved kustomized nighthawk. My friends told me you can't make a shaft drive, Honda look cool. I took that as a challenge... I still need to change out the brake/clutch master cylinders and different bars, and headlight assy. but she is getting a lot closer, and with having lowered the forks I altered the trail- This thing now responds in handling/ cornering more like my CL90- It is crisp and quick! God knows I love my "Screaming Night Hawk" (her name comes from my twisting of an old Steppinwolf song...) and will never let her go...

Attached Files:

15. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

pretty nice bike. i think for my 1st bike i want either a nighthawk or a ninja 650. im gonna need somthing to keep up with my dads 127" harley lol