My New Mountain Bike Build

MotorizedMatt

Local time
4:52 PM
Just started this today, Giant Yukon with a 66cc (skyhawk? 2010) motor. I'm almost done with it, just need to wire it up and take a few links out of the chain. Could anyone point me to a wiring diagram? I'm not really sure what wires connect where. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 190
Also what's the best way to bend the exhaust pipe about 1" because it currently hits the pedal, I feel like im going to break it if i bend it too much.

I doubt it will break, but the tubing might kink if you are not careful.
One messy but effective method is to completely fill up the exhaust with sand, packing it in tightly. Do NOT do this if you cannot take your muffler apart to clean out all of the sand though. Some mufflers are welded together, and if you cannot weld it back together after cutting the spot welds to get it open, you are screwed.
Another method is to heat up the tubing with a MAPP gas torch or Oxy-Acetylene torch and make a few shallow bends, being careful to not kink the tubing of course.

Some folks have just gotten lucky and clamped the pipe in a bench vice and bent the tubing by using a cheater pipe over the muffler.
There are many ways to get it done, just be careful. Do NOT kink the tubing.

I had someone that was able to bend my pipe for me (mapp gas, vise, etc...) but if you do not have that as an option, you can always ask at a muffler shop... they definitely have the tools and ability. It's not exactly the cheapest way to do it (they might charge you a minimum of an hour labor even if it takes five minutes...) BUT it's an option available

Back