My new ride...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Aug 13, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Doesn't classify for inclusion in the other forums as it doesn't have pedals...

Attached Files:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice score Rif ! :D
    that dodge is almost as old as me (born 1960), and looks to be in much better shape :rolleyes:
    does it have push button automatic ?(my first car was a 61 new yorker and had it)
  3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

My first car was a 1964 Dart 270 series 4-door sedan. It had the pushbutton auto. I've had about 11 MoPar A-bodies Mostly the 1960-1962 Valiants and Lancers (I've had others too, Mopar B- and C- bodies; I've still got my L-body '88 Lebaron convertible in storage as a *someday* Kustom project;)), all with the pushbutton tranny's (904's- not the bulletproof 727), with very little trouble.
    This ol' gal had a 3 on the tree, but has been converted with a '66 newly rebuilt tranny, and steering column with the '66 & later hard linkage- I don't like the cable system on a column shift. Just my preference...
    The engine, 170 c.i. slant-6, was freshened up around 25,000 miles ago, and I'm thinking about throwing my 2-bbl. intake and carb on it, but not sure as the gas prices are a real bear right now.
    The brake system is newly, and completely, redone with new drums, cylinders, hardware, etc.
    I'm going to stuff the diff. with a set of 3.55's that I've had sitting around for years, to replace the 2.72's...
    The interior was redone about 5 years ago so it's showing some wear, but not too shabby or anything. The wheels are 14" 5 on 5 bolt pattern (replacing the stock 13") with hubcaps that are big old Polara units.
    She's a beauty, and I've waited 18 years to find the right one to take me back to that first car...
    Thanks for the Kudos, I found true love with this one!
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

your dart is in really good shape. good find.
  5. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I had 4, 3 slant 6's and a bright orange GTS, factory Hurst, 3404bbl, dual points and exhaust, I had Monroe air shocks, pumped up to 90 pounds for "cruising", get out of town and ssssssssssss, go back to 30 psi so the kidneys could recover.

3rd fastest car in Holly Pond....and then, in 1980 I bought the most recalled car in US History, the VOLARE !!!

Drove me right out of the MoPar market for good, so I missed the K-car experience....
  6. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Aw, that's a shame about the volare...
    The GTS sounds like it was FUN!!!
    Now I realize nothing is as fun as a motored Bike, but in second place, and all...!
    The other one I miss is the '65 barracuda w/ '72 high perfomance 360 c.i., 727 tranny, 8 3/4 rear w/ 3.55...
    That thing was soooo fast! It was scary. I also miss my '66 charger.
    But the Dart has a special place in my soul, so now I've got another, and i'm happy! Oh yeah, the first thing i did was to put my sticker in the back window, it's a great rolling billboard, no?
    Take it easy my fellow motoredBikers!
  7. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

71 mustang GRANDE

yes i dont have mopar but i had a 71 mustang grad with the 351 clevalnd cobra jet version with a cam that was hand crafeted buy a guy hes dead but it made it scream up to 10 yes i said 10k on the RPM and some where is the vid but i could smoke it at 60 and leap to 95 easy i miss her but the said part was i sold her for $300 yes thats right fixed WHY
    my son was on 24/7 oxygen and the electric people came to shut it off so at that point in time i walked up to some that was out side my house and said
    you can have her if you get back here in 10 min or less for $300 and boy did he come running and mind you i was only 18 at the time kids are evrey thing and that is why i dont care he is here at thats all i need and is doing great for haveing jeune syndrom and now have a lil girl as well
  8. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I feel ya' there man. i didn't have the same circumstances, but Boeing was pulling all the work out of their suppliers shops and laying off it's workforce. When the work was pulled from the smaller shops they began the lay offs- this created a flooded market for non aerospace machine shops, and well, I was out of work and couldn't find another job in that feild, or for near the same wage. I had to pay the bills, so i sold my '65 Barracuda, and my '61 Cadillac hearse. I miss 'em, but the Barracuda really hurt.
    Again, it's all good now, I've got my true love. This , IMHO, is the best looking year for the Dart...
  9. Jim H

Jim H Guest

I had a 70 dodge dart swinger, banana-yellow, 340 w/ 780cfm holly 4bbl. Loved that thing. 13.2 1/4 mile, stock.