My new ride :)

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by pokerhelper, Feb 11, 2008.

1. pokerhelper

pokerhelper New Member

This is my third bike that I have made, these are addicting. They sure get easier to put together as I go. I like the green color, the bike is a "Moon Dog", and cost $100 at walmart. I got the engine kit and a lot of useful information and help from mike at
    I will be road testing this one tomorrow, if the weather is as nice here as it was today.

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Really good...the engine and frame look purpose-built for eachother.
    Man u guys are lucky overthere with that Walmart........don't worry,i'm just jealous.
  3. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Very nice Wallyworld cruiser! Looks like a good 70cc setup, should be fast. Just remember to secure the muffler somehow (i've found less exhaust gasket failures once I clamped the muffler to the frame) and I've read here that the fenders are sometimes dangerous if their mounts not made a bit more heavy duty. Otherwise nice job. Should catch lots of eyes!
  4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

seat looks a little un confterable, going up and all, but i love the way that bike looks! nice job!
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice clean build !!!
    I like it :D:D:D
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Nice Build Poker !!!
  7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Very nice build. Great work. You and Doc can now be the Mean Green Team. That is a cool looking bike.
  8. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

They do look nice and I gotta say that the welds are of a very high quality for cheaper bike. What happened to the original seat? I know it's a little stiff but I put a cheap seatpost suspension under it and that helped a lot. Fenders are flimsy but they haven't come off of mine yet. Course, I had 4 surgeries last year and didn't get much riding time in. All in all, I like mine though and hope you will be happy with yours.
  9. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

very clean looking build enjoy looks good (kinda partial to green) have a happy time !!!! larry ca
  10. pokerhelper

pokerhelper New Member

That is the seat that it came with.
    I replaced the fender bolts with cable ties, and the fenders are flimsy as you say... I just shaved one side of them with a dremel tonite to stop the rattling where the chain hit it.
    I am glad to hear a good review of yours, since that bodes well for mine :)
  11. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Mine came with the black and white seat. I'll see if I can find my pic post to show ya.
  12. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

13. pokerhelper

pokerhelper New Member

I like that seat, too bad I didnt get one with mine, it matches the whitewalls quite nicely :)
  14. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I have seen a lot of others and they come standard with the white and black saddles so maybe you could take some pics to them and they could get the proper seat.
  15. hunter45440

hunter45440 New Member

Are those 26" wheels?
  16. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Cliff will verify, yes.
  17. Dean

Dean Member

That's a really sweet looking bike!
    Very clean and professional lookng build you did on that. Congrats.

One thing bugs me a little about most of the engines I'm seeing is the exhaust pipe placement.
    Doesn't that get a little "warm" around your leg or on your foot, after a while?
    Seems like there would be a better way to route that exhaust.

Were there any optional exhaust systems available with that engine?

18. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Hey Pokerhelper, I just noticed, you ran your chain without the tentioner. Great! Maybe I'll try it again. Oh, is that a 36 tooth sprocket? Thanks