my new streched cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by rockvoice, Apr 26, 2009.

1. rockvoice

rockvoice Member

hey all, heres a pic of my newest project. its a micargi mustang gts, picked it up friday afternoon and put her together yesterday. Today i'll be dialing her in (readjusting the four chain tensioners) Rob...........

Attached Files:

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Is that a cool ride, or what?

Nice job!

3. pooja84

pooja84 Member

That's very good. You have done a good job. Its really different. Keep it up!!

4. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I see the hand brake, but am wondering if it is a single speed??

That frame, if it had a 7 speed cassette, would probably work better than the recumbent, for half the price....

5. 350zdrftr

350zdrftr Member

is the frame custom? its freakin sweet i am in love with it, i usually hate the color red but this i like

6. rockvoice

rockvoice Member

Thanks guy's, no theres no hand brake(yet) and its single speed. had one h*ll of a battle putting the rear sprocket on the wheel. the frame is store bought not custom. i went in there to get a different bike but when i saw this one i changed my plans. still working the bugs out , ive got a wicked vibration at higher speed that i have not felt on my other bikes (trying to figure it out) rob.........................

7. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Whichever company gets a 7 speed, w/ handbrakes on it, is going to blow the competition out of the water.

There are so many possibilities with such a frame, especially on the seat/comfort level.

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

9. rockvoice

rockvoice Member

Thanx azbill , i'll be shure to keep and eye on it .

10. rockvoice

rockvoice Member

a few changes

just a few changes , painted the tank (fairly close to the bike color) candy red over silver base. cut the rear fender for more of a bobber look ,

re-mounted all of the tensioners and added the large filipino clutch mod(thanks again man) makes the clutch so smooth

Attached Files:

• z3.jpg
      z3.jpg
      File size:
      122.8 KB
      Views:
    • z2.jpg
      z2.jpg
      File size:
      95.1 KB
      Views:
    • z1.jpg
      z1.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    • z4.jpg
      z4.jpg
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
  11. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

Really Nice Work. Looks like it would be a pleasure to ride

12. zaviii

zaviii Member

Welding motors in stretch cruisers

Welding motors in stretch cruisers did not work well at all on my build. It vibrated really bad around 15-20mph. So we had to design a 100 bolt-on anti-vibration engine mount and it really works especially at higher speeds!

www.savegasmoney17.com