My new "used" hauling trailer.

It can hold 100lbs so its perfect for getting groceries. It will also create a larger area that people can see me clearly. It cost me 10$ at a garage sale from a neighbor

I may have to modify it slightly but its a perfect cart for hauling stuffs. Might be for kids but meh I more than likely will modify the cabin a bit making it more "cargo friendly"
1282_trailer_1.jpg

Well I live in a area with a stupid amount of bike trails that are offroad. In the two cities Albuquerque and Rio Rancho there is a combined 1300 miles of trails or something? its almost insanity. I can go anywhere I need also any road/street/ave/highway :eek: I can go on if I need to. Highways are out of the question however.

I modified the trailer here is the first incarnation. I cannot feel the trailer behind me at all I can turn so sharp that I see the trailer following me behind. The arm may be insanely long but it tracks like a dream!

I put 100lbs in it and pedaled it and did not feel the bloody thing behind me!! :eek:

1282_IMG_0640_1.jpg

The bike and trailer combined is about as long as a big car.

The trailer has a quick release tab that allows me to take the trailer off and lock it to the bike so nobody can steal it :)

Trailer

We found our trailer behind the Goodwill (it was free) the canvas was not trustworthy so we made a plywood bottom .....we do not have to adjust the tow arm at all and that little thing tracks like a dream so far we have used it for grocery shopping (over 100 pounds cat food 25 pounds cat litter 25 pounds + grocerys) it is also good for pulling odds and ends for the house just have to use a red flag and rope for those long things .

Cookie

burly nomad

gotta get a trailer. has anyone tried the burly nomad? it gets top marks in the cycling community for being well built, collapsible and carries a good load. the single wheel bob trailer tracks in line but can't carry a lot and gets squirrely at high speeds + in corners. w.

Dockspa1 said:
963_P1010004_1.jpg
This is my Hoosier corn picking trailer. Has a hard time pulling when the load is full! :p
Doc

A centrifugal clutch woulld really help that rig. 2 stroke motors develop torque at high RPMs think abouta chainsaw .... full throttle then blade hits log and rEErrRrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrRRRrrra alll up and down through the power band and the saw lasts and lasts. I have gone as far as to pour straight 90wt in my dual start to really get that en,gine to spin up and grab while pulling only 70lbs up slight hills. Doing this made my rod bushing last much longer and allowed me to retire the engine for rebuild rather than getting stranded with an expensive shipment in the desert city (where terrible crimes go completely un noticed)

For a long term solution I recommend a 4 stroke STARFIRE for its very high reduction torque on a trike pulling that "parade float" ;-) up a hill loaded with grand kids at 5mph solid.. :)

Now here is an idea, Bike Hacker, I'll just put a long bungy cord in between the trailer so that I can get full throttle like the chain saw and then it will catch up.
Now on a serious note, That pic was a joke. I don't really pull it with my chinese 70/80. :)

Dockspa1 said:
Now here is an idea, Bike Hacker, I'll just put a long bungy cord in between the trailer so that I can get full throttle like the chain saw and then it will catch up.
Now on a serious note, That pic was a joke. I don't really pull it with my chinese 70/80. :)

that is a funny image the recoil must be death!

Anyway yeah my trailer pulls fine I have pulled it quite a number of miles when its empty it just flys all over and has fun out of my way.. when its full it glues to the ground and I do not notice it.. either way I do not notice it however I did take off the long boom arm and just stuck with the original arm.

Boy those things bounce :eek: not dangerous bounce just you can hear it 20 inch wheels hauling at 25mph boing boing.

Its like those idiots you see towing a uhaul trailer rated for 45 at 85mph but not quite so dangerous.

Hope them tires and rims are strong, with all that bouncing and any kind of heavy load, I would worry.

nice used one

hi there...that is cool...some day i will need one for the pit bull mastif, loomis. so he can ride too like the red barron...you can't really feel it behind you? :???: wow!

I pulled one of those out of the dumpster at the hotel I used to work at.
As soon as the Whizzer is finished (this week), I'll start the mods on the trailer. I figured it would work well for my trip to Indiana to help with my gear and supplies.
I'm glad to hear it works well...

Back