My next project - Tadpole Trike

Wow....That is a wild bike....errr trike!....Looking forward to seeing the transformation to engine power! ;-O

Andrew

Doug, the tadpole with direct steering, like mine, is a little twitchy at high speed. You do get used to it. A delta style can get unstable in cornering at high speed. Trade-offs.

With that engine and the auto tranny you may actually be looking at moped speeds. Around cops you can keep it at 25....35 or more in the straights?
It's still awesome either way

Totally awesome setup Van. Enjoying the progress reports. This will be fun to watch.

The rear wheel is on its way

The Wheelmaster just emailed me pictures of the back wheel he built for me. Looks pretty good to me. His labor may cost a bit. But it looks every bit worth it, and he charged quite a bit less for materials than I had expected. Thank you James, I'm likin' it.

IM001005.JPG

IM001006.JPG

There was a hang up on the tubing for the frame stretch, but it got shipped on the 19th, so it should be here in the next week or so. I am also expecting the dual pull brake at about the same time.

Does anyone have suggestions about how I should handle the throttle and shifters? Right now the trike has twist grip shifters. I'll be taking those, and the cassette, off the trike and putting them on my MTB (the 34t low gear should give me some serious hill climbing ability). But I haven't decided what to replace them with.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a wheel!!!!!!

that wheel is heavy duty geewilikers:eek:!van are you running a cvt with that big honkin motor?ive got a few suntour shifters here id send ya for nuthin.there the best and ive put them just about everywhere on a bike,you can put bigger clamps on them also.:cool:

Just think if I had used #9 gauge spokes ? LOL, t'would be overkill maybe, they don't weigh that much more, they darn near look like mags, hehehehe, thanks for posting those pics Van ! I must tell you folks that I love being part of projects like this, (I get all giddy like a toddler),
Four cross lace on this wheel would have put the spokes overlapping the button of the spoke next to it in the hub making it bow over the top and looks a little funky, it's strong as all heck, and effects nothing but cosmetics, but right now looks are important... maybe next time we'll make something crazy.. lol.....

Back