My Polini Clone Intercooled On A Chopper

Going to the strip tonight to run it all out. Brakes were modified and work. New tires also.

Attachments

• (Unknown) - Still 194.jpg
    (Unknown) - Still 194.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 717
all out on vacant land

That's a racing motor for sure. Need to adjust clutch to engage sooner.
Rode fast and long, but hit too many bumps and broke engine mounts at the frame. No damage to the engine - the top held. Can get running again soon.

I'm getting the engine mount rewelded this weekend. After that I'll put the spedometer on it. It is adjusted for speed. I want more low end torque, so out comes the calipers to lower the rpm at which the clutch engages.
O yea, it flys! Worth every penny! These bikes are such a fun hobby.

looks like a beast ;)
These engines doesn't have too many "low end" torke so I do not recommend adjusting down the engage point of the clutch (may be just a little bit). I you want low end torke run a longer pipe between the engine exhaust port and the tunned chamber, like 30cm or more (you will probably loose some "top speed") and have to re-jet the carb of course because the engine will run richer.

Byes

Im excited to here your results. It will be a fun run. Watch your leg with any chain slap or flying off the sproket. The only reason I say that is my son had a long stretch of chain, and threw the chain on a speed run and took a small chunk out of this calf. Is there any way to get a video of your run? It looks like it will scream for the size of your bike.

Good advice on the chain guard. I have two HT chain guards laying around here. The chain is very tight with tensioners on the wheel.
I do have video on my friend's phone of that last night out. I have yet to see it. My carb isn't level, so hopefully I don't start to backfire. Although, that would look cool at night on a video. :cool: irregardless of the damage that may cause or neighbours thinking it's gunshots or fireworks and calling in the police. Which reminds me. The cops around here just look and laugh... for now anyways. I haven't been out on it since adjusting the clutch pads. I'm waiting to get the engine mount welded again.

They'll most likely laugh until you steam past them at 40mph... then I am not so sure...

Generally, at least here in the UK, so long as you are sensible they are ok... do something stupid and they'll be down on you like a ton of bricks.

have fun with your bike..

Jemma xx

Back