My prototype custom conversion

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Torques, May 2, 2007.

1. Torques

Torques Guest

I posted a few of these pictures in the pic section but wanted to share them here for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

It is a first I believe. Had Dennis heard about that type of installation before? How / where do you have the front strap attached to the chassis?

I see the main rationele, the good looking fender. I am just wondering how on the road repairs would go.

I'm sort of disoriented because of the position of the plastic cover---so the engine is "turned" 90 degrees, right? And the cover was kind of modified?

It does look lean and sharp.
  3. saylor

saylor Guest

thats greatness
  4. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Under throttle the engine torque would tend to lift the motor so all you need is a light suspension strap; like what comes with the kit anyway. I have liked that setup ever since I saw it in the photo gallery. It would be nice to run fenders without cutting chunks out of them. Beauty ride Torques.
  5. Torques

Torques Guest

Thank you. I have a down payment now on a Roadster that I hope someone will buy soon. I need to pick up the bike within around sixty days,Eleanor # 2 is what she will be named. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  6. jlebh1

jlebh1 Member

WOW! I only just noticed that there was a moter hidden in there!
  7. As the Kool Aid guys says: "OH YEA!"
  8. astring

astring Member

any speed bump problems?
  9. How bout leaning bike over to make sharp right turns:?:
  10. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Often overused but truly fitting in this case: Awesome!

What a graceful line there created by the top tube transitioning to the top stay.

That's about as stealthy a motor mount as I've seen.....but I think that will be cancelled out because that bike is a head turner.:cool:
  11. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Absolutely beautiful! I was looking at that very model of bike in the local shop yesterday, and wishing mightily that my legs worked well enough to still ride a two-wheeler. That is one of the most gorgeous frame designs I have ever seen.
  12. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

Zomg! That is gorgeous. I wants me one of those.
  13. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

That is a very beautiful bicycle, which you have only enhanced.
  14. rossfree

rossfree Member

Truly... that is a thing of beauty. You done yersef proud!

15. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

beautiful torques , how can you ride that around its way too cool to get dirty..

is that your cruiser with the other 2 stretchs in the photo gallery with iron cross's bike, you guys must look amazing cruising around on those beauts, congrats on an amazing build, am sure even the harley boys stop to stare at that site.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008