My push trailer completed I think

Discussion in 'Push Trailers' started by rkbonds, Jan 9, 2009.

1. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

Here's some pics let me know what you think or if you think I should do something different. The last 2 pics show the exhaust before and after a small mod. I still have to finish cutting down the pipe but, that's it for now.......................maybe :whistling:

Attached Files:

2. bikeman6969

bikeman6969 Member

i Dont mean to be an ******* but all i see is milkcrates
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

shhhhh.... that's the point!! hahaha

no, really....RK....give us a peek at the moving parts!!
  4. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

Ok, here's what it started out as. The milkcrates are to make it look like a cargo trailer :wink: considering motored bikes aren't legal here. :veryangry:

Attached Files:

5. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

So where do you hide the noise?:jester:
  6. Accender

Accender Member

The cammo crates look perfect!

7. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

NICE cargo trailer ;)

What is that, a 50cc pocket bike? I LOVE how the milkcrates completely hide the little bike! I also like the ones mounted to the bicycle!!!

How does it ride? Can you carry stuff in the crates and still keep balanced? Is it fast?
  8. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

It's 49 cc actually. I haven't loaded the trailer yet but, with the bike loaded it does fine. Top speed is 28.5 mph with just me and the bike. I do plan on doing some test loads on the trailer close to home first to see how it handles. I don't think I'll be trying for a top speed run with it loaded. I hope to cruise at 18-20 would be plenty enough for me. I do have another fuel tank that I'm going to add this small tank doesn't hold enough fuel. The new tank holds 1 gal perfect for the on the go refuel elminates the guess work.
  9. macarollo

macarollo Guest

That is an inexpensive way to go for a push trailer... you can pick up those pocket bikes used for around $100.

Great idea!

My push trailer will be completed soon hopefully... I got all my parts in finally!
  10. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

To date I still have less than $20 invested in my ride that's everything from front wheel to motored trailer rear wheel. :)
  11. macarollo

macarollo Guest

How do you start the engine? Isn't the milk crate in the way?

Do you use the brakes on the trailer? Does it help much or do the bike brakes do most of the work?
  12. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

I cut a hole in the milk crate which gives plenty of access to the pull cord. I don't currently have brakes on the trailer but, I might hook the brake back up. Just not sure if it would do any good with the amount of weight on that tire. Might not be enough to notice.
  13. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Very smart on all counts. I'm about to do the same but with an old "Lil Indian" minibike frame with a 4 stroke honda with centrifugal clutch.
    Stealth is good and I like your way of covering things up with the crates.
  14. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Very ingenius!

Is that little bike's crown strong enough for the job?
  15. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Is it loud, or fairly quiet being a 2 stroke? I saw your first post mentioned an exhaust mod.
  16. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

nice looking -- and I should add nicely hidden

how's that trailer motor bike THING run ?

looks like it would be pretty fast

ride that Trailer Motor Bike Thing
  17. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

The exhaust mod is just a turn down, it's not any louder but the mod didn't make it less quiet either. I plan on taking some more pics to show the hole I cut to access the pull cord and choke.
  18. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

much improved from the initial trailer setup.:detective:

Good job!
  19. love the way the throttle is attached with cable ties! Maybe you could make some way of like a quick release system because i bet thats pretty hard to take off in a hurry..
    Looks neato though! very disguised :)
  20. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

Here's some pics of inside the crates and the hole I cut to access the pull cord and choke. I didn't like the way the 1 gal gas can I was going to use looked so I used a 1/2 gal one off of a push mower looks much better. I also plan on redoing the metal pipe running through the milk crates they block to much of the storage area going to bend some up to go around the outside of the crates but, that will probably wait until warmer weather.

Attached Files: