My Ride The Goose

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by kerf, Nov 30, 2007.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

Here's the Goose. It's not very radical by some standards but she moves me down the road. I added the 12v lighting system about a year ago when I decided riding in the dark with traffic was fun. Did I mention that I may be a little bit crazy, at least my wife thinks so. The R460 went on last month and it's a horse at 4.2 HP @ 11K. Forty MPH + and a hill climber too boot. It will accelerate up hills that pulled the TLE43 down to clutch disengagement.

Attached Files:

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

very nice set up!!

3. noah

noah Guest

Sup?

Yeah, what he said. Are you charging your battery for your lights off of the
    motor? Can you?
    :cool:

4. kerf

kerf Guest

No, I'm using a 5AH AGM, with a 3 amp charger I can bring it from 50% to full charge in two hours. It will run my 20w halogen MR16 head light and flashing tail light at least two hours. If I just need to be seen, it will run my flashing front and tail lights 10 hours.

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice ride dude !!! :D:D:D

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Very Cool ride!

8. noah

noah Guest

Ok. Sounds good, thanks.

9. beast775

beast775 Guest

good motor

ive been lookin at these motors,for somebody else,nice chain tensioner,gets rid of power fallout,i know all to well the staton box and the wawawa of power delivery, my next to do thing,good stable single track struts from the frame good build!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  10. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

muffler

Hey there;

Nice job. Like some of the touches, switch box is simple and exceptionally neat, and the muffler. Looks like you made it from plumbing fittings. Any hints, gripes, comments etc? Your duct tape budget must be a fraction of mine. :shock: Thanks

Denny

11. kerf

kerf Guest

The exhaust pipe is 3/4" hard copper with a 1 1/4" outer shell. Where the exhaust tube goes through the outer shell, it's bored with 40 - 3/16" holes in a double helix pattern to form a baffle tube. The space between the baffle tube and the outer shell is packed with fiber glass. Soft solder won't hold so joints must be silver or phosphorous copper brazed. I attached the reducer bells with machine screws to allow repacking the muffler. The factory muffler was reworked from a back discharge to a bottom discharge.

The muffler was still a little loud so I inserted a baffle to reduce the 3/4" cross section to a 5/8" cross section, equivalent to the factory mufflers discharge. At a slow cruse (25 mph), I can hear the chain noise over the engine.

12. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Eggsulant!
    Very nice, indeedy.

13. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Bike

Nice bike