my ride

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by nick8686, Jan 2, 2008.

1. nick8686

nick8686 Guest

spooky tooth crome dresser 80cc

Attached Files:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

very nice pic...
    but we need one in the daytime !(I wanna be dazzled by the chrome :lol:)

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Is it possible to get another pic cos no-way does this one do your bike justice?

4. nick8686

nick8686 Guest

yup

tomorow indeed i will take som new pics thanks for the coments all

5. nick8686

nick8686 Guest

found som bad ones

some old one like the day i put it togethr will get better ones 2moro

Attached Files:

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

And god said "let there be light"
    Excellent looking bike...in this new pic your gonna post can it be a bit closer and more in focus.
    Sorry to hassle ya man but yours is something i'm looking to put a 4-stroke in and i just wanna see if it fits all my requirements....what specifically is it please?

7. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Very classy indeed!

8. nick8686

nick8686 Guest

stuff

thank you i love the look of it but some times i hate what i do to it out in the dirt roads of queen creek but then fixing it is just as fun as the ride!!!!! oh ya i will get more pics just tell me what you want if you need call and im not name droping but spooky tooth thay are realy nice and probobly have the spesafacations for the frame but let me know glad to help 4 stroke sounds nice!! thanks to evory one

9. CalgarysFool

CalgarysFool Member

Review of the Dresser?

Nick,

I know I'm coming to this late -- but I just joined. That dresser is a beauty, and, in fact, is exactly the bike I've picked out for myself: Spooky, 80cc, chrome, and right down to the brown leather springy seat.

I hope you're still around the boards here, cause I'd be VERY interested to hear your assessment of the bike after having it a while.

I want it for fun, for its great looks, but mostly for hauling my 185 lbs to and from work -- about 8 miles each way -- daily, weather permitting.

Thanks,

Brenton

10. nick8686

nick8686 Guest

still around

I'm still here so ya the chrome dresser is one **** of a good looking bike I have beat the **** out of it for over a year and it is still running good I made a new one so I don't ride the dresser as much the new ride is faster and now I have a broken coiler bone so 44 to the and heavy is good it think im going back to the dresser its been good to me the only thing I will say is it has a lot of parts that like to vibrate loose so get a good inventory of assorted lock washers and nuts and stuff but I will say once its good it the best mb I have had and still have and when the other two I have are down it chugs along and is the most comfortable one I have the geomority is better than most mbs and is just a damm fine ride any other questions just ask

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  11. astring

astring Member

I have been commuting with my Golden Eagle kit (robin Subaru eho35) and I feel that now that I have the hang of it will be a dependable ride for years to come. The Golden Eagle belt drive system is worth looking in to (and people have been selling them on this forum at a discount, though they seem to go really fast).

12. CalgarysFool

CalgarysFool Member

Hey Nick,

I want to thank you so much for your assessment of the Spooky Dresser. I'm really glad to read that after having it for a year, you're not disappointed, but still enjoy and praise the bike.

Good tip about lock washers and extra nuts and bolts! I better keep a small but well equipped tool kit in the saddle bags I plan to slap on it!

Obviously you're an MB addict, like so many "junkies" I read about around the forum here, if you have...what...2? 3? 3 bikes I think you said.

Well done!

brenton

13. CalgarysFool

CalgarysFool Member

Say, AString, I'm interested you are commuting. What have you mounted your GE kit to, I wonder?

14. Aaron

Aaron New Member

nice ride, goes perfect with the sunset.

15. astring

astring Member

A crappy craigslist bike (Motiv bridgerock or something like that) with good tires (Serfas Drifter) and cruiser handle bars. The frame is big and heavy. Also I have the 12 g rim sold by GEBE on the back. I stand up most of the time when riding and I go right around 20mph on straight ways. The problem I had with it was I overfilled it with oil, once I got that level right it has been great. I work 4 miles from home takes 15 to 20 minutes.
    The most important thing is finding back roads without much traffic.

16. CalgarysFool

CalgarysFool Member

I'm getting to where I think MBcommuting to work is pretty do-able. If I can "cheat" the gas companies and car makers by riding to work to the tune of getting > 100 mpg, there'll be no wiping the smirk off a my face! Might forestall the need to get another car -- my trusty old 93 Acura is really starting to...show signs of age.

I'm really impressed with the ingenuity of folks like you, taking an old bike, mounting an engine, and doing a few mods to support the new demands on the system.

Brenton

17. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

Better ideas are Chrome plated!:grin:

John