My Schwinn OCC project

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Kiwi, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

Here she is... picked it up for $20

Now to do some work on it.
    I have a new front fork for it ( a 2004 Rock shox boxxer race ) that will give me disc brakes and suspension. That's the fork in the second picture.
    I'm ordering the motor kit soon, and some new handlebars.

Attached Files:

2. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

Got my fork on... waiting on my engine to show up.
    i want to find a new saddle , something cool looking.. Any Suggestions?
    I am going to get some Avid BB5's ( disc brakes ) to go on that front wheel. i am still waiting on the hub for the front and then i will be building the new wheel.

Attached Files:

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

there are very nice saddles for harley sportsters and the sporty tank fits nicely.

4. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

This is the saddle i think i will go with. I may stick with the carbon seat post as well. Looks kind of cool.

P.s. the 31.8mm stock seat post is a very unusual size, but a 31.6 fits fine.

Attached Files:

5. graucho

graucho Active Member

lookin great. That fork looks like a perfect fit for the style of the bike. Yes, I think id rather ride on your newer seat style if I was going out for a cruise. Im excited to see a engine on it.

6. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

Well.... IT WORKS !
    I got the motor on, and after about 9 hours of work customizing this and that to get it all to fit.... it works !

I just took it around the block.... such fun. I cant wait for the motor to break in.
    Next i want to get a nicer exhaust and put some disc brakes on the front.
    If you have any questions on how it all went together... let me know.

Attached Files:

7. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

hey bro! thnx for sharing your MB! post more pics!

is the carb set sideways?

8. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

I dont think it is.... but i am certainly no t an expert. The fuel comes in from the top. So does the throttle cable.

9. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

i actually ment: what the clearance between the carb and the horizontal tube of the frame.

10. gator72007

gator72007 New Member

nice! where did you get those bars?

11. keylan

keylan Member

looks fun, you should look into knocking out a few chain links, once the chain stretches out, then you can nix the roller bearing all together

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

on the occ, the tensioner is needed for brake clearance
    that's why they are all mounted under the frame pushing the return run of the chain down

13. keylan

keylan Member

gotcha, didn't know

14. Tatersdaman

Tatersdaman New Member

you dont have to go under to get your brake clearance. I went over the top on my Stingray.

15. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

16. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Member

Did you buy the motor mount or did you build it?

17. linnix13

linnix13 Banned

wow i like what you did with the chain, i hope its reliable cause theres nothing worse than having the chain pop off at 40!

18. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

I bought the motor mount on e-bay from Barry. I highly recommend it and his exhaust as well ( which is quite loud). I made a muffler for the exhaust which helps out and seems to improve the power as well. It's a steel pipe, an end cap , and some steel wool.
    The chain has not been an issue at all. I'm working on getting the fenders to fit again and the right side chain guard back on ( i lost the screws)

Attached Files:

19. mechanicojoe

mechanicojoe Member

where did you get those forks?? they look like double crown bicycle forks for those really expensive mountain bikes, or dirt bike forks

20. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

was curious about the fork replacement my self. Getting ready to build a junkyard find OCC, and the stock forks are junk.