My second build HOT ROD

My second build is going to much longer do to expanse and being a scratch build. This one is going to be my HOT ROD and will be tricking the engine out since I have my stock daily rider. Biggest thing I am trying to figure out is what wheels I am going to run or build. Any suggestions are welcome. A few things I have gotten so far.
Thanks
Jeff

I must of been lucky with my eBay motor, it runs great. Been messin with carb jets and it's almost there. I got to 30mph yesterday with a 44t and weighing 240. Not bad for all stock with what they refer to as a HP carb. In fact, the eBay motor runs a hell of a lot better than the gasbike silver slant I mounted for a brief time. In the future I will spend the extra and go with either a skyhawk motor or maybe a pk80 just for some kind of reputable quality straight outta the box. Other than that, I have no problem with stock performance in addition to the HP carb. It's like a cheap Dellorto knock off but is a big improvement over the stock NT. I might start a build thread once I get a few more parts for the skyhawk frame.

Only real problem I had with my eBay motor was all the trash in the motor. I am guessing this is why they want you to run it SO RICH with oil for break in. Once cleaned out I broke it in on 25 to 1. Yes I please do start a thread on your build and keep me posted.

I am running the SHA clone all so on my road motor bike. On this I am going to run a Mikuni VM series round slide 18mm clamp mount.

I ordered my motor today a genuine Gribee skyhawk GT5A complete kit for $145 shipped this is the complete kit everything to install but some of it I will not be using as I will be upgrading before I ever start it.

What's different about the grubee motor than any other?

They are the ones that started making these engines and then everyone copied them. The Grubee are better quality then most others. This is why I want to use a Grubee for my hot rod project. I will know more when my Grubee gets here as I will be able to compare between it and the eBay motor I have now.

I must of been lucky with my eBay motor, it runs great. Been messin with carb jets and it's almost there. I got to 30mph yesterday with a 44t and weighing 240. Not bad for all stock with what they refer to as a HP carb. In fact, the eBay motor runs a hell of a lot better than the gasbike silver slant I mounted for a brief time. In the future I will spend the extra and go with either a skyhawk motor or maybe a pk80 just for some kind of reputable quality straight outta the box. Other than that, I have no problem with stock performance with the HP carb. It's like a cheap Dellorto knock off but is a big improvement over the stock NT. I might start a build thread once I get a few more parts for the skyhawk frame.

Over 1 1/2 gallons my eBay motor is still doing fine. I all ready have a SHA clone carburetor on my eBay motor since new as the stock carb would not mount up with out hitting on the frame. I new I was going to put it on sooner or later any how. The Mikuni VM series 18mm has more adjustments then the SHA clone. It all so has a low speed adjustment screw.

One more piece got here today the expansion chamber! Another drop in the bucket. It is very well made. Looks better then the picture in the listing. When the motor gets here I will mock it up to see how it is going to fit. Now to decide on wheels. Other then what I have coming there will be not more unless something changes till end of next month.

Over 1 1/2 gallons my eBay motor is still doing fine. I all ready have a SHA clone carburetor on my eBay motor since new as the stock carb would not mount up with out hitting on the frame. I new I was going to put it on sooner or later any how. The Mikuni VM series 18mm has more adjustments then the SHA clone. It all so has a low speed adjustment screw.

One more piece got here today the expansion chamber! Another drop in the bucket. It is very well made. Looks better then the picture in the listing. When the motor gets here I will mock it up to see how it is going to fit. Now to decide on wheels. Other then what I have coming there will be not more unless something changes till end of next month.
That's actually what I thought about my mz Miami pipe, looks pretty cool compared to some expansion chambers
I'm curious about how it will fit on my frame

Received wrist pin bushing and my genuine SkyHawk 66cc. My first impressions are the casting is much better, Has all socket head screws, will fit much bigger frames, 8mm front studs and more. My frame has a mount for front mount. So far looking much better then my eBay motor. Since this is going to be my hot rod will be taking it completely apart to build.

Back