IMG_0510.jpg

To this...
IMG_0526-1.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Fun weekend project!!!!

-Terry
basementchoppers.com

welcome

welcome to the forum. I'm a native mid towner that now lives in the Millington area. Always liked the original stingray I remeber well when they first started being sold

Hi Terry - Good looking bike, I always wanted to build a Sting Ray. One thing I have saved for the build is a 30 tooth sprocket. As the wheels get smaller you will need a smaller sprocket. That bike would be a good hill climber, it would also be a good trail bike. Have fun, Dave

How does it ride?

The one I built was scary and it had front brakes.

After the third near miss and first crash I dismantled it, I never felt comfortable on it anyway.

Steering is too sensitive/quick, wheels too small for any sized bumps, frame is too small for an adult.

They get a lot of looks though. Ok for some short low speed rides or as a conversation piece.

If you want ride it at any speed get some decent brakes on it, a red hot coaster will either lock up or fail completely leaving you where I was last year, with a cheap caliper on a chrome rim and a red hot hub.

Last edited:
Thanks...

It is for short around town runs, and for a conversation piece. I thought it would also be a great pit bike for swap meets and such. When my son is old enough it will be his and he can decide what to do with it! I really like building bikes and things, and thought form over function was the way to go with this one. Actually that is usually the way I usually build things :whistle:. But never the less, it doesn't need to be wide open everywhere I go, I am a little older and don't need to go super fast (all the time). It's great to be here, and thanks for all the replies. If your ever in Memphis, drop me a line. I live in Mid-town myself!!!!
-Terry

Back