My Tadpole Project (update--overdue)

im getting fresh tubes today . we will see . if i can find two poles . one to start from and one for landing .. full face helmet for that one , do you think gloves would help?

im getting fresh tubes today . we will see . if i can find two poles . one to start from and one for landing .. full face helmet for that one , do you think gloves would help?
  • helmet
  • gloves
  • elbow pads
  • knee pads
  • inflatable suit?
  • video camara
  • cellphone with 911 on speed dial
  • insurance card
  • have you made a Will?? :ROFLMAO:
I was kidding.... get one of the neighborhood BMX'ers to ride it!!

I rode a tall bike once, as a teenager. I started off, standing on the side-rail of a full sized pick up truck bed. Luckily, the same truck was still there when I got done. It was a hoot!
you'd need to start off on top of the cab!!!

SrDavo,

I've done some extensive research on those things on the web and you just answered the major Q I had. Thanks!

Where would I be able to get a rim like that local? I still don't fully understand your mod to beef it up, but you sure look like you know what your doing. Comming along nice! What would you say you have into it?

I've seen plans using forks from 10 speeds, got to keep it under a 15 degree rake tho!

Last edited:
jack shaft

Ok Dave here is a drawing of a jack shaft using a 3speed hub,as you can see you would better of using the 3speed on the rear wheel, I forgot the input from the cranks has to be a freewheel an the output has to be fixed. louis

Attachments

• jack shaft.jpg
    jack shaft.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 573
SrDavo,

I've done some extensive research on those things on the web and you just answered the major Q I had. Thanks!

Where would I be able to get a rim like that local? I still don't fully understand your mod to beef it up, but you sure look like you know what your doing. Comming along nice! What would you say you have into it?

I've seen plans using forks from 10 speeds, got to keep it under a 15 degree rake tho!
Hey, mort -

Look here: http://www.gscart.com/wheels.htm

May not be the company srdavo deals with, but they look like the same wheels. Awesome build on those things.

Last edited:
SrDavo,

Have you seen this site? http://www.fleettrikes.com/index.htm
lots of good info.
click "Tips/Tools/Help", when ya get there.

As for the wheels, I got these from www.horseloverz.com . they are in Pa.

I have since found these: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200147074_200147074
I haven't tried the northern wheel....but they have a selection & are priced right.

Ok Dave here is a drawing of a jack shaft using a 3speed hub,as you can see you would better of using the 3speed on the rear wheel, I forgot the input from the cranks has to be a freewheel an the output has to be fixed. louis

Louis,
good info on the hubs/jackshafts.
thanks

Back