My Third Build

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by proline20, Oct 27, 2008.

1. proline20

proline20 Banned

Got this Huffy Santa Fe Cruiser from a friend in like new condition. Built a 25cc homelite I found in the graveyard at my local bike and mower shop. She runs 24mph on flat, 20 uphill, 33 downhill tucked. It is now my guest bike..maybe I'll sell this one and use proceeds for another build, dunno yet.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r281/proline20/1026081307a.jpg

2. Dadkins1

Dadkins1 Member

Is that a friction drive ? You can't really tell from the pic. Those are about the same speeds as I get with 26cc weedeater /friction.

3. proline20

proline20 Banned

Yes, friction drive - Bumble Bee Bolt On kit...
    I have another cruiser with a 30cc, same performance but better uphill.
    What 26cc engine do you use Dadkins1?

4. Dadkins1

Dadkins1 Member

I am not sure of the brand of motor - it came off a weedeater brand trimmer - I have a couple of very similar motors I will have to take a closer look to see if I can identify them. One has a crankcase feed with reed valve and this has the a plastic lower case half ? How long could that possibly last ? Oh well nice to have back up - I have a scooter w/ a 3 hp Tecumseh 2 stroke I am thinking about attaching to a bike.
    30 mph on a little 12" wheel scooter gets pretty scary !

5. Dadkins1

Dadkins1 Member

Here's Mine

Nothing special - simple, reliable,economical fun !

Attached Files:

6. proline20

proline20 Banned

nice ride dadkins...too bad you're so far away or we could ride...

7. proline20

proline20 Banned

The Huffy is now addicting another victim of the MB revolution...sadly missed already. Next up is a Sun 3 speed coaster I was given...have a motor, gotta get me another Bumble Bee bracket...