My Wife is Pregnant!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by macarollo, Jan 27, 2009.

1. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I just found out that my wife is pregnant. We have been married just over 2 years and have no kids. I am still in shock, but I get more and more excited each day.

Maybe their first bike will be a motorized bike!

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

hey macarollo

that's truly the special thing best

I was about your age when we had our son
    cool little dude -- cool big dude now

you know it's a win win situation for you
    yes we guys are always wanting a little boy -- up here they are mountainboys
    but let me tell you dad to be
    those little sweet girls can spoil a daddy rotten -- it's the best !!!

congrats and many blessings sent from up top the mountain top - MM
  3. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Congratulations!,see to it that she gets folic acid and vitamin D3 (Walmart is a good source) and plenty of rest.I was thinking before that your trailer setup would be easy to camouflage as a kiddie carrier, now you may have to deal with the real thing.I see a lot of little tykes on the bikeway here in town,they meander all over the place but look very pleased with themselves.
  4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

You think you're shocked now....

Congratulations! Fatherhood affected the biggest instant change of attitude I have ever, and will probably ever experience. I think its common. One day you are responsible for yourself. The next, you are responsible for a person who is completely, completely dependent. It's a good thing.

I was 26 when I became a father. Your brain knows the kid is on the way and you think you are ready, but the moment you lay eyes on that baby- it hits like a ton of bricks- in a good way.

They will, however, drive you nuts.

James "HoughMade" Hough, father of 4
  5. graucho

graucho Active Member

HaHaHaHa.... an understatement.

macarollo Congratulations! I hope it looks like the wife. J/K

Remember that day you found out. That was the day you bought a lifetime ticket to the
    best rollercoaster ride of our life. Youll laugh, cry, scream, worry, wonder. Youll learn to
    pray and ask for help. Youll hang on hard, raise your arms with joy.

I was married and had my first kid at 19. Had our first grandkid at 37. Never a regret giving
    my life as a servant/leader at such a young age. (3 daughters, 5 grandkids)
    Bless you my MB brother. graucho
  6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Children are really why we live. At least, such is my belief. Congratulations on your impending fatherhood, and listen to HoughMade. He knows whereof he speaks, and my opinion echoes his - repeatedly. I've got seven kids.
  7. mikem

mikem Member

Congratulations Macarollo ... and God bless you and your FAMILY!
  8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Congrats! Your wife's doctor should prescribe a prenatal vitamin. Over the counter vitamins and folic acid supplements do not provide sufficient folic acid. Prescription vitamins have 1mg of folic acid.

Doctor of Pharmacy
  9. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Congrats Man best of luck to ya
  10. Wow thats really cool, congratulations! Soon you will have a lil' tyke running around, how cool it that!