Name That Bike!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by recumbentbill, Sep 18, 2010.

1. I thought BAR B Q bike would be good . Hot off the grill:smiley2:

I saw this bike this morning on the road that i live on 1/2 mile from my house
    It happened late last night or early this morning 9/18/2010. I've never seen a bike this badly burned
    Even the top of the heads were melted. Should say its a water cooled V twin, Japanese make

Attached Files:

• 034.jpg
      File size:
      208.3 KB
    • 035.jpg
      File size:
      215.9 KB
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010

2. more melt down pic

Thought all the pics downloaded first time:ack2:

Attached Files:

• 036.jpg
      File size:
      244.7 KB
    • 037.jpg
      File size:
      160.1 KB
  3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I've seen just one as badly burned - a '47 Harley Messenger a friend had in high school. His fuel line from the tank split at speed on a straight stretch (about 90 mph!), and he dove off of it into the ditch tucked into a ball. Severe concussion, lots of contusions, but no broken bones. The bike stayed upright (gyroscopic effect is amazing!) and went off the corner at the end of the straight stretch in a ball of fire, set fire to a patch of woods. The cops and firemen were all quite concerned when they couldn't find him - he finally crawled out of the ditch a quarter mile back, beat up and scorched all over, but the rain and his leathers saved him from bad burns.

The bike was totally destroyed, Kevin was just in pain for a few days.

Bike catching fire is serious business. Hope the rider of that one wasn't injured.
  4. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

Roadkill comes to mind.
  5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Looks like it may have been a Kawasaki Vulcan. Now it's a vulcanized Vulcan. How ironic...
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Krispy Kruizer.
  7. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Rez Runner.
  8. skrufryder

skrufryder Member

WOW was that a crash or did some one p*ss some one off????
  9. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Insurance fire maybe?
  10. kerf

kerf Guest

Do you mean it may have been caused by friction? The friction of the payment book rubbing against the insurance policy?

Sure as heck wouldn't be the first time.
  11. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

Looks like a smaller V Star..Or Arson..LOL