Name That Frame? (no engine)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gone_fishin, Jan 8, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

my landlord, leif, just finished re-building his favorite trike...all new bearings and such, & a very nice "rustoleum" paintjob.

he's really glad i've been putting ocean park on the bicycling map, and wants to motorize this and other rides he owns, but...

:x that's gonna require that the current tenants actually pay rent & quit stealing light-bulbs :x

so, here ya go...we know the make and have a serial number so we can find the year, but...can YOU name that frame?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007

2. nogoodnic42

nogoodnic42 Guest

My guess is maybe a Worksman? Is that a differential on that thing? I have a trike that I got with the intention of motorizing (remember Cookie, bout the same time you guys got your rikshaw). My main problem is that only one wheel drives and it pulls left...Kelly
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

does it always pull to the left or just when you pedal?
    I used to ride my trike (the bbq bike) and it pulled right all the time, until I adjusted where the rear section bolts on to the front. it is adjustable for chain tightening. it was just crooked.
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

that is a sweet looking trike. much better built than my bbq trike. the differential looks really sturdy. I can name the frame...but I won't. wouldn't be fair. I saw one just like it on a workstand. for now, I'll be calling it "Betty"

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

not a worksman...

yes, a limited-slip differential, very cool setup...original equipment as far as i know...

srdavo...i forgot about that...i'm so busted :eek:
  6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

shhhhhh....I won't tell! lol
  7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

All tri-wheelers pull to the side in my experience. Maybe i've only ridden crummy ones, but I believe it to be the forces involved (I'm no physicist, so...) with pedaling a triangle.
    I have no idea what make that thing is, but it's cool. My Schwinn Tri-Wheel has a three speed with coaster brake. I'm tinkering in the back of my mind as to what I wanna do with it, when I get to it.
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

even with that differential it pulls but only if ya let it, i'm sure it's a physics thing...but cornering left or right is a cool breeze 8)

the "primary" is a 3-spd w/coaster...
  9. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

That differential looks like one from a riding lawn mower or garden tractor. I broght home an electric ride around three-wheeled scooter from the dump, kind of like the ones they have in some store these days. It had a similar differential too. The biggest difference I notice about riding a trike is fight the impulse to lean into turns, a sure way to dump it.
  10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'm told (& looking at the frame, i believe) that it's original equipment, but i agree it seems to be the same type of setup.

i'll post the serial number soon, betcha some of you guys will know how to find out, then.
  11. nogoodnic42

nogoodnic42 Guest

I've already figured it out. There was another one posted the same day you posted yours on another forum I read and the drivetrane is set up the same as yours...Kelly
  12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

name the frame :)
  13. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

whut? ya don't like "Betty"???
  14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:lol: :lol:

i do, leif doesn't :)
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

well, he painted over the serial number, i just can't read it...
    i'll settle for someone getting the brand right.

yes, the drivetrain is original.

my buddy & his buddy...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007
  16. Heath

Heath Guest

he has a cool name....seriously...
    is it a Hawatha?
    JC Higgins?
    Free Spirit?
    did i get it yet?
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

when leif told me who made it, i was surprised but not, you'll be but not, too :)
  18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

srdavo, i removed the accidental hint, this is kinda fun, i'm really surprised noone's gotten it.
  19. Steve

Steve Guest

20. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest